Does this feature exist? HTC sense Facebook app, as I've seen it "via HTC Sense" on Facebook

cristianocr7

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Does this feature exist? HTC sense Facebook app, as I've seen it "via HTC Sense" on Facebook

Posting Facebook updates to have it say "via HTC Sense" on Facebook. I know they have an android and I know I have seen it. Does it exist or do all facebook updates just have the mobile icon these days?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Does this feature exist? HTC sense Facebook app, as I've seen it "via HTC Sense" on Facebook

I've never noticed it with the One, and none of my posts include that tag.? It may be specific to a carrier or a preference that can be set within the app, like email saying from my android device or AndroidCentral posts saying posted from the AndroidCentral app. I have never looked for it so if it's something you want check the app settings???

DaHui623

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: Does this feature exist? HTC sense Facebook app, as I've seen it "via HTC Sense" on Facebook

I think that previous versions of Sense were able to pull in Facebook and Twitter feeds into a specialized social app that would also allow you to post updates. I have a friend with an EVO who uses that for Twitter and it adds the tag 'via HTC Peep.'

cristianocr7

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site

Any idea how he does it for Twitter?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

DaHui623

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site

HTC used to include a service called Friend Stream into Sense before 5.0. It integrated into social services but seperately from the respective stand alone apps. If someone posts an update from this it will add the tag "from HTC Sense."

http://mobile.htc.com/learnmore/des...tml#GUID-55408C60-9C09-4CAB-ADFA-0A74312E2B92

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

DaHui623

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site

Basically HTC trimmed a lot of fat out of Sense 5.0 (and now 5.5). This functionality no longer exists. Though I am not certain if you can post or comment on posts if your Facebook and Twitter are integrated into Blink Feed.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Loiter

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site

It has nothing to do with carriers or previous versions of Sense. It still exists.
If you swipe right from Blinkfeed (drag it to your right), then you press on the three dots and choose Compose.
From there you can post statuses and photos to FB, Twitter and others (I believe Instagram that I don't use and for Flickr)
It used to be much much better as you didn't need to swipe left, you just tapped a small pencil icon on top of Blinkfeed.
Now you need two more steps.

DaHui623

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site

It has nothing to do with carriers or previous versions of Sense. It still exists.
If you swipe right from Blinkfeed (drag it to your right), then you press on the three dots and choose Compose.
From there you can post statuses and photos to FB, Twitter and others (I believe Instagram that I don't use and for Flickr)
It used to be much much better as you didn't need to swipe left, you just tapped a small pencil icon on top of Blinkfeed.
Now you need two more steps.

Huh. You are absolutely right. Thank you and congrats!

Loiter

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site

No problem. I love this "via HTC Sense" feature and I usually post from there. I'm just frustrated that they changed something that was practical and hid it behind one gesture and two menus.

PS You can also post photos from there. Unfortunately there is no tagging available as far as I know. You can do it afterwards though I suppose by editing.

cristianocr7

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site

Thank You!

cristianocr7

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site

Now can you help me maybe understand why I rarely get FB notifications? I've tried everything. Disable, enable..check all boxes in auto sync, etc. I get them but far and few between.

DaHui623

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site

Now can you help me maybe understand why I rarely get FB notifications? I've tried everything. Disable, enable..check all boxes in auto sync, etc. I get them but far and few between.

Have you gone through your Facebook settings to make sure it is set up to notify you of all you want?

Loiter

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site

What kind of notifications? All of them? Messages are almost instant in my case. The same goes for some comments etc.
You don't get notifications for likes.

cristianocr7

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site

Yes, all of them. Sometimes I get direct messages, sometimes I don't. I never get like notifications on KitKat. Previous version of software, I got all notifications. Yep, everything is checked in Facebook and ACCTS Sync.

Loiter

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site

Does this happen in both wi-fi and 3G/4G?
In every router?
Also, are you by any chance using power saver? Maybe data is "sleeping"
Do you have facebook also open in your computer? Notifications that you receive there, don't come to your phone or come later on.
Also, are other notifications OK? For example WhatsApp, Viber or any push services you use?

cristianocr7

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site

It does. Verizon has built in power saver. I have the new option for sleep mode. That's checked. I have no idea what data sleeping is? Everything else works. Sometimes my PC is open w/ FB. Not always.

ram1220

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

Are you using the FB app from the Google Play Store? I was going to update mine last night but read the reviews. Apparently the newest FB app update has a lot of bugs in it. If you have updated your FB app from Google play recently this might be why you are having problems. Another big problem being reported is that the app constantly crashes too.

cristianocr7

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site

Hmmm....Just a few more questions:
1) Do you have sleep mode checked?
2) How can I go back to previous FB version? Just uninstall updates?