Problem with Bluetooth on 4.4.2?

maneck35

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
After upgrading to 4.4.2, on my International HTC One (with Sense 5.5 and rooted) I've noticed an annoying problem while listening to Music on my Bluetooth headphones.

The audio stutters while playing on headphones. It's hard to explain - the song will play for 10 seconds or so, and then stutter for a second or so and then play again. This happens even when the phone is in close range with the headphones. At first I though it was a problem with my headphones, but they work flawlessly when paired with my dad's iPhone or my old Blackberry.

I never had this problem on 4.3. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Belhade

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I recently got a media-capable Bluetooth earpiece but music playing through it sounds like crap. But that's a sample size of one since I haven't tried music through it from any other source.
It's a Plantronics M50.

Posted via Android Central App

maneck35

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I recently got a media-capable Bluetooth earpiece but music playing through it sounds like crap. But that's a sample size of one since I haven't tried music through it from any other source.
It's a Plantronics M50.

Maybe connect it to your laptop and test it?

My complaint is not about the audio quality being crappy. It's the connection. It's like it keeps breaking.

Belhade

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, that's what I meant. Don't know why I worded it like that before.
My Bluetooth connection also crackles and cuts out a lot. I've been using the headset all the time, connected to two phones - I have a Galaxy S3 for work -and the connection to that phone is fine. To the One, not so much. I can barely hold a conversation with my wife and more often than not switch to wired earbuds. It feels like it's the same problem with my WiFi, with a useable range of about two feet.

maneck35

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, that's what I meant. Don't know why I worded it like that before.
My Bluetooth connection also crackles and cuts out a lot. I've been using the headset all the time, connected to two phones - I have a Galaxy S3 for work -and the connection to that phone is fine. To the One, not so much. I can barely hold a conversation with my wife and more often than not switch to wired earbuds. It feels like it's the same problem with my WiFi, with a useable range of about two feet.

I'm honestly tired of this problem and haven't found a solution yet. I'm moving back to 4.3 with Sense 5.5. Everything worked flawlessly on that for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC