Facebook Events and Calendar Sync Issue

ssethi25

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi!

I have an HTC One on the WIND network in Canada.

I have Facebook sync for Events and Contacts set up on my phone. I noticed something peculiar today: my Facebook friends' birthdays are syncing on my phone, but my Facebook events are not. I don't know if this is a recent problem or if it's always been there (never really paid attention). I removed my FB account on my phone, uninstalled the app, reinstalled the app, added my account again, set up the sync and I was still having the issue. I've tried searching extensively on this forum and throughout the web, but no luck so far.

Anyone else having a similar issue? Any suggestions for troubleshooting?

Loiter

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I don't use FB Events often but as a matter of fact I'm going to a concert next week and just checked this out.
Although I can see the same day a birthday the event is not there in my phone.
I don't know if it's normal or not though, just that you are not alone.

The same happens in another Calendar app I have, so I think it's more of a Facebook thing than an app things.

ssethi25

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
It's good to know that someone else is experiencing this, thanks for letting me know!

I think you're right, this is a Facebook thing. I wish I had paid attention from the beginning so I would know whether this is a recent issue, or has been an issue from the beginning. I guess there isn't much to do until the app is updated *sigh*

Dick Carter

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
They used to work... This only started happening in February sometime.. I've always used this feature and thought it would be just a temporary problem.. =(

Posted via Android Central App

AussieAndroid

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Mine hasn't stop working and I've had a few facebook events on.

Have you guys double checked in Calendar that you've got your Facebook account listed in there and ticked?

Calendar > 3 dots > Accounts (multi-calendar)

C_o

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue, unchecked and checked the box for synchronisation, deleted and reinstalled the app twice, googled for hours, nearly no matches... nothing worked. In the sync-options there is an error which says that there are currently problems with the synchronisation... Since weeks.

I have a HTC One Mini with Android 4.3 and HTC Sense 5.5

Dick Carter

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
yeah... mine is checked... The only thing I haven't tried is reinstalling the app but I don't want to lose all my linked contacts and such :confused::':)-\

Amber de Lange

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem, since February 12 to be exact, I was hoping to find some solution here, cause I've tried everything. I've reported the problem to facebook as well... Has anyone found a solution yet?

Philip Brazina

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
After I verified my FB calendar was linked, I had to hit 'Sync' in the 3 dots menu. It brought it all there, birthdays AND events.

I'm using Kitkat if it matters.

Loiter

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I believe it's a Sense 6 thing because I didn't change anything and now it works.
I rarely use the FB events but I was delighted to see a concert I was going to appear in my calendar.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2