- 03-01-2014, 03:56 PM #2
- 03-01-2014, 04:21 PM #3
Re: Getting a refurbished phone?
To elaborate on what Ngster said. It can be a phone that has been used and returned under the 15 day test period. They cant sell it as new so its a used device from then on. These make great "refurbished" stock items for carriers.
But basically a refurb is a used device that if cosmetically perfect and has no actual problems can be sold again. It can also be a damaged device that was re-built then tested to meet manufacturer specs. Unfortunately they dont tell you who refurbished it or who certified it.
For example, Was it HTC / manufacturer who refurbished it or a 3rd part representing T-Mobile? Im usually OK with Manufacturer refurb equipment. But look at companies like Asurion. I hear stories all the time of how their refurbished devices fail or have problems. Thats because Asurion has their own techs and they refurb their own stuff and might use different standards then the manufacturer.
- 03-01-2014, 04:35 PM #4
- 03-02-2014, 09:13 AM #6
- 03-02-2014, 11:45 AM #7
Blackberry Curve 8330- Blackberry Storm 2 9550- iPod Touch 4th gen - Apple Iphone 4- Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD Motorola RAZR HD-Motorola Droid Turbo (wife) - HTC One- Samsung Galaxy S6
- 03-02-2014, 12:00 PM #9
- 03-02-2014, 01:47 PM #10
- 04-03-2015, 02:36 AM #11
Re: HTC One: Getting a refurbished phone?
Getting a refurbished phone is not a bad idea coz it comes with everything like warranty, accessories, and off-course if fits to your budget as well.
BUT the point is that you should buy it from some trusty source. I knew few of them.. let me know if you want me to tell you.
- By eemilee in forum AT&T HTC OneReplies: 21Last Post: 05-30-2015, 09:46 AM
- By bykerg in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 2Last Post: 07-02-2014, 03:13 PM
- By Z3GMob in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 5Last Post: 03-04-2014, 01:00 AM
- By Ion_NotePro in forum Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2Replies: 3Last Post: 03-01-2014, 12:39 PM
- By vishal khatri in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 1Last Post: 03-01-2014, 09:51 AM