- 1 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Upgraded to Kit-Kat and lost my downloads and pdf viewer apps
I upgraded to KitKat last week and now I can not find my downloads button, PDF viewer app button and now my PDFs open with Polaris office app. I cao not locate the Polaris Office app button either. I have many spec sheets for work downloaded on my phone and need help!!
- 03-01-2014, 10:22 PM #2
Re: Upgraded to Kit-Kat and lost my downloads and pdf viewer apps
Welcome to Android Central! Are you saying you no longer see Downloads in the App Drawer? It's standard in all versions of Android--you can check to make sure it's still around by going to Settings>Apps>All, and looking for Downloads and Download Manager.
You can always access your Download folder by using a file manager app like ES File Explorer or Total Commander.
You might be able to clear Polaris as the default PDF app by going to Settings>Apps, selecting Polaris, and tapping Clear Defaults. If there are no other apps that can open PDFs, you might not be able to clear the deafult, though. It's possible that the previous PDF viewer system app may have been deleted as part of the system update, with the intention of making Polaris the default.
Finally, this experience can serve as a reminder to always back up your data before a system update!
- 05-18-2014, 11:52 PM #3
- By jesseber in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 12Last Post: 10-25-2015, 01:09 PM
- By Matthew Woolgrove in forum Android 2.3 GingerbreadReplies: 3Last Post: 03-24-2014, 08:20 AM
- By ChadDennis in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 6Last Post: 03-05-2014, 07:44 PM
- By Yousef Amarneh in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 3Last Post: 03-02-2014, 09:21 AM
- By scalisoft in forum Android AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 03-02-2014, 12:20 AM