No Emoticons in Texting App after 4.4.2 Update?

LedZappa

May 31, 2013
Visit site
After the update on my ATT phone all the emoticons in my history just show up as text. If I use Swiftkey keyboard they show up as text. Only if I use the ones in the built-in keyboard seem to work.

Is this normal?

Is there a way to get them working with Swiftkey or using the correct text symbols?

If not, is there a good basic texting app where they work that doesn't text you constantly to buy more of their stuff?

TWC42

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
After the update on my ATT phone all the emoticons in my history just show up as text........., is there a good basic texting app where they work that doesn't text you constantly to buy more of their stuff?
Same problem here. Went to Textra, a free, ad-free texting app with a whole slew of emoticons.

Indyrobb

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Ran into the same issue after the update. I hate not seeing my smileys, but when SwiftKey releases their next version they are supposed to built in.

Posted via Android Central App

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
After the update on my ATT phone all the emoticons in my history just show up as text. If I use Swiftkey keyboard they show up as text. Only if I use the ones in the built-in keyboard seem to work.

Is this normal?

Happened with KitKat on mine too. I use the Swype keyboard which used to insert emoticons but now just inserts text characters. The native Sense keyboard works fine and includes a boatload of emoticons and emojis and I've been switching that when i text.

Posted via the "Best Smartphone of 2013" One

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007