Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gwappa
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    191 Global Posts

Default KitKat for HTC One UK pulled

I'm wondering if the issues were anything to do with battery life as mine was horrendous, even after a reset and then running for a couple of days.

KitKat update for HTC One pulled in the UK following 'difficulties' | Android Central
    decypher44 likes this.

Default Re: KitKat for HTC One UK pulled

Yeah. Just wondering those who have updated, will get chance to update again.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

I took my phone back to the store for a replacement, as the battery with Kitkat was appalling. Luckily I had only had the phone 2 days, so if they hadn't given me a brand new phone, I would have just cancelled the contract. The new phone is running on 4.3, and the battery is a million times better (though still not amazing, and I still get battery drain if I don't switch off Location services, but can live with that). Other issues I had with Kitkat were not connecting to wifi, which was resolved by a factory reset.

I actually found that the battery life with the update is a lot better.

What I have a problem with now is that my phone only updates my location if I have GPS turned on, the location services other than that fail and my phone thinks I am always in the last place I used GPS!!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    191 Global Posts

That's probably one of the reasons for the update to be pulled, although I'm just experiencing awful battery life compared to what I had on 4.3 especially when there's no wifi.