HTC One: Speakerphone comes on automatically when placing a call after 4.4 update?

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
OK, so I have the same issue. I will be reporting it to HTC.
Firstly, I thought I turned it by mistake with my ear. However, today I missclicked, dialed up my friend and while the phone was in front of me, the speaker indicator was on. I haven't accidentally touch with my thingers or so.

I have HTC One Mini, with 4.3 Android & HTC Sense 5.5. This is definitely a software bug, because on the fall of last year, it was working great. (I had a 4.2 Android back then.)

Let us know what HTC says.....

Posted via Android Central App

FuzzyLogic

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
What carriers are people on with this problem? All of them? I see one person mentioned India.

Just to add a bit of a wrinkle: I don't think this is unique to HTC. I have a Motorola Droid Razr M and my phone started switching to speakerphone in the middle of calls recently, whether I am on bluetooth or handset.

Lotat

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Recently, the same problem has started randomly popping up with my HTC Butterfly s, which is in many ways similar to One, even before updating from 4.3. to 4.4. From time to time now, when making calls, speaker goes On. But it has never occured while accepting incoming calls. No cure found yet.

Good luck to everybody!

Atis from Riga, Latvia

Tjalsma

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
My brother and I are on AT&T. We have 4.2.2 and have the same issue. It's extremely annoying. Hopefully this gets fixed as soon as possible.

Also, we have the Mini.

Coeuz

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Same issue here for the last week or so. Bloody loud when you put the phone to your ear!
I'm in Norway, so it doesn't seem to be a US issue.

Mrdouglas

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
HTC One with 4.4.2 updated on at&t. Same problem as other htc posts here.

Spoke with htc several days ago and they had me clear the cache and do an audio test. Everything is functional per test. They asked me to boot to safe mode, and it still occurred.

They claim to have no complaints of this (as if I'm the only one) and wont escalate to developers / programmers until I try a hard reset. This would set me back hours in reinstall. :-(

Anyone else reach out to HTC (US)?

Sent from my secret lair in an undisclosed mountainside.

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
HTC One with 4.4.2 updated on at&t. Same problem as other htc posts here.

Spoke with htc several days ago and they had me clear the cache and do an audio test. Everything is functional per test. They asked me to boot to safe mode, and it still occurred.

They claim to have no complaints of this (as if I'm the only one) and wont escalate to developers / programmers until I try a hard reset. This would set me back hours in reinstall. :-(

Anyone else reach out to HTC (US)?

Just tell then you tried the hard reset and it still happens. Demand escalation and a fix. Period.;)

victoryg

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Same thing is happening to me. Barely ever use speakerphone and it was not left on the last time I used a call. Seems to be random because some calls start normally, while others start in speakerphone.

Mrdouglas

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Same thing is happening to me. Barely ever use speakerphone and it was not left on the last time I used a call. Seems to be random because some calls start normally, while others start in speakerphone.

I THINK it happens 100% of the time when the phone app newly loads. That includes a fresh boot or even when the app has not been used for long enough to fall out of memory.

Not certain if that is the all of it, though.

Gunrack

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Happens to me too. Most calls. REALLY loud in the ear! I started noticing it before the latest update to 4.4.2 but it doesn't do it every time. I'm on AT&T.

spewak

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
At first I thought it was my fat face hitting the screen and starting speaker mode, then stumbled across this thread and voila! Face isn't so fat after all. It happens all too frequently to me. Sucks.

Eldanado

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Same problem here. I have the HTC One for Verizon. I'm in the U. S. I almost never use speakerphone. It does seem to be outgoing calls only, but not all of them. I've gotten good at checking before putting the phone to my ear. I was using the Kitkat update for a few weeks before i came across the problem. It's mostly been this past week. Hey HTC, are hearing all of these complaints?

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech