- 2 Posts
All Browsers now crash on my HTC One
In the last couple of days I have been unable to use any browser on my HTC One (9 months old and never had a problem before).
I had been using the default browser or Chrome. Now when I try to use them they randomly shut down and return to the menu screen. This usually happens within a few seconds of opening and is not linked to any action I'm making.
I tried installing Opera and Firefox but both have the same issue.
Other symptoms I've noticed:
- Keyboard takes ages to appear and often disappears after I have entered only one character in the address/search
- Phone has slowed down
- Battery life has fallen dramatically (running power saver and lasting less than a day where it had been fine previously)
I recently updated Chrome but not sure if the 2 are related.
I'm running android 4.3 and HTC Sense 5.5.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
- 03-09-2014, 01:55 AM #2
Re: All Browsers now crash on my HTC One
Welcome to Android Central! See if you can clear the system cache partition, which won't erase any personal data. It can sometimes help with various issues like these. I'm not sure if all HTC Ones allow you to do this, but try following these T-Mobile instructions: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-6526
If that doesn't work (or isn't possible), it might be time to consider a factory data reset.
- By IHaveNoClueAboutTechProb in forum HTC One M7Replies: 4Last Post: 09-12-2015, 02:28 PM
- By Michael D Mc in forum Android AppsReplies: 6Last Post: 01-21-2015, 04:05 PM
- By fofjjsr in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 13Last Post: 12-26-2014, 09:41 AM
- By jec11718 in forum Moto G (2013)Replies: 7Last Post: 03-09-2014, 11:21 AM
- By angry english in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1Replies: 2Last Post: 03-08-2014, 09:54 PM