Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default HTC One: UK Emergency Alerts (AMBER etc)

    Just wondering, where are the settings for these alerts? I want to look at the settings and ensure that they're all ok, but I have no idea where to find them. Anyone know where to find these settings? It's a network unlocked UK HTC One by the way.

    Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app
    Windows Phone Central Retired Moderator
    Android Central
    Visitor
  2. #2  

    Default Re: UK Emergency Alerts (AMBER etc)

    On mine (4.4.2): In the App Drawer open Messages. Tap the three dots in the upper right hand corner, then on settings, and then on Emergency Alerts. Here is where you can enable and disable alerts such as Amber Alerts.


    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: UK Emergency Alerts (AMBER etc)

    Quote Originally Posted by Christop54 View Post
    On mine (4.4.2): In the App Drawer open Messages. Tap the three dots in the upper right hand corner, then on settings, and then on Emergency Alerts. Here is where you can enable and disable alerts such as Amber Alerts.


    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Thanks but I couldn't find anything. These were the only options available following your instructions. I'm on 4.3 if that changes anything though.

    Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HTC One: UK Emergency Alerts (AMBER etc)-1394538250062.jpg  
    Windows Phone Central Retired Moderator
    Android Central
    Visitor
  4. #4  
    gwappa's Avatar

    Posts
    188 Posts
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts

    Default Re: UK Emergency Alerts (AMBER etc)

    UK HTC One will not have emergency alerts as we don't use any systems like that here. The only way you may get this feature is perhaps by switching to a custom rom.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: UK Emergency Alerts (AMBER etc)

    Quote Originally Posted by gwappa View Post
    UK HTC One will not have emergency alerts as we don't use any systems like that here. The only way you may get this feature is perhaps by switching to a custom rom.
    Actually no, I've read the UK does have an AMBER alert system. It's part of a greater European Union system.

    Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app
    Windows Phone Central Retired Moderator
    Android Central
    Visitor
  6. #6  
    weepatc's Avatar

    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

    Default Re: UK Emergency Alerts (AMBER etc)

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Ratcliffe View Post
    Actually no, I've read the UK does have an AMBER alert system. It's part of a greater European Union system.

    Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app
    UK HTC One does not support this yet

    Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: UK Emergency Alerts (AMBER etc)

    Quote Originally Posted by weepatc View Post
    UK HTC One does not support this yet

    Posted via Android Central App
    Ah bugger... Hope we get it soon. Cheers for clarifying though.

    Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app
    Windows Phone Central Retired Moderator
    Android Central
    Visitor

Similar Threads

  1. Thoughts on UK Carriers
    By tastisnax in forum International Carriers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-28-2014, 02:11 AM
  2. Kit Kat UK - Update for the Samsung Galaxy s4 to 4.4
    By realwilliamlees in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-14-2014, 06:30 AM
  3. ZTE SAVVY Messaging Alerts
    By kgillett24 in forum Other ZTE Android Phones
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-12-2014, 06:21 AM
  4. e-mail alerts when you get a private message
    By lgbalfa in forum AndroidCentral.com - Site News, Feedback and Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-11-2014, 08:40 AM
  5. Note 3: UK N9005 - KitKat OUT TODAY
    By k3vnn in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-11-2014, 04:28 AM

Posting Permissions