Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Pandora no longer working on this phone

Within the past day or so Pandora has been having trouble connecting via mobile data connection. The app starts properly, but then continues to skip through songs without even playing them. I tried the app via wifi, and the app works without a hitch. Could this possibly be a throttling issue with Sprint? I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling numerous times to no avail.

Anyone else having issues with Pandora?

Default Re: Pandora no longer working on this phone

Quote Originally Posted by kostnkost View Post
    Within the past day or so Pandora has been having trouble connecting via mobile data connection. The app starts properly, but then continues to skip through songs without even playing them. I tried the app via wifi, and the app works without a hitch. Could this possibly be a throttling issue with Sprint? I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling numerous times to no avail.

Anyone else having issues with Pandora?
    I would assume that Sprint is throttling you because of the amount of data being used. Since it works on WiFi fine

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Strange that all of a sudden they would throttle me after using Pandora on all of my phones for the past 4-5 yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by kostnkost View Post
    Strange that all of a sudden they would throttle me after using Pandora on all of my phones for the past 4-5 yrs.
    That would be strange, is there. Way you could test another Sprint device on mobile data to confirm that its just your connection?

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Stroud1 View Post
    That would be strange, is there. Way you could test another Sprint device on mobile data to confirm that its just your connection?

I will try on my wifes Iphone when she gets home. I just got off line with tech support and they tried an Update Profile to no avail. They said if Pandora does not work within the hour, to contact Sprint support. The saga continues..
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Ok just tried my wifes Iphone and Pandora worked, so I guess its safe to say it is not a network issue. I have to assume it's a phone issue. Maybe a program is conflicting with Pandora?

I'm clueless.....?

Sprint doesn't throttle. If it throttle it is only for video and it throttles it to 1mbps. Which is still plenty for Pandora.

Posted via Android Central App
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I guess to compound the issue, now YouTube doesn't work off of network settings, and only off Wi-Fi. This problem keeps getting stranger by the moment

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

may or may not be related but about 3 or so years ago a similar issue happened on a couple of android sprint devices and pandora.
    It had to do with the RTSP and HTTP proxy settings Sprint was using.
    If you have your MSL code you can try to make the changes your self. Also keep in mind this helped me about 3-4 years ago. Not sure if its relavent now or now. Im with TMO so i cant test it out.

1. Get your MSL, by calling Sprint or by using CDMA workshop like i explain below
    2. After you have your MSL go to your phone and type ##3282#
    3. Click Edit Mode
    4. Click Advanced
    5. Scroll down to RTSP/HTTP Setting
    6. Change RTSP proxy IP to 0.0.0.0 or You can leave this blank if you like
    7. Change RTSP proxy Port to 0 (Zero)
    8. HTTP proxy IP to 0.0.0.0 or You could leave this blank if you like
    9. HTTP proxy port to 0 (Zero)
    10.Go enjoy Downloads and a .20-.60 mbps increase in 3G speeds!

*********Original settings if you want to revert back.

Original settings

rtsp proxy ip: rtsp.vog.sprintpcs.com
    rtsp proxy port: 554
    http proxy ip: pd.vog.sprintpcs.com
    http proxy port: 8085

I've contacted Pandora on this issue and they had me uninstall and clear data in the Settings>Aps section. But if you switch your your Mobile network settings under the Network mod to CDMA only the Pandora will work. The issue may be with Sprint's LTE data or Pandora on LTE. I'll be contacting HTC via email soon to see if they are aware of the issues with Sprint's LTE network.

it turns out to be related to ipv6. if you go to "Access Point Names" under mobile network settings, select whichever apn you're on, (Verizon Internet in my case), and change the APN protocol / APN Roaming protocol to just IP4 instead of IP4/IP6.