HTC ONE dropped in water, wont Charge!

Chase Morell

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I recently dropped my phone in the toilet. It was nearly completely submerged for at most 3 seconds. I took it out and the screen had strange lines on it, so I restarted the phone. Everything worked fine after that, even the screen looked normal. All functions worked. My htc one ran out of battery, and when I went to charge it, no red light appeared and the screen did not turn on. I placed it in a bag of rice for a couple days. I started to charge it, and the red light appeared and the battery charging symbol on the screen displayed. YAY! Then the screen turned off and so did the red light. Hours later, I still have not been able to turn it on. WHAT SHOULD I DO!?

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I think you already messed up. The first thing you do is put it in rice immediately after dropping it in the toilet. You tried to turn it on and so the electronics are most likely fried.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Your only hope at this point is to put it in rice for a few days and hope for the best.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

vagyika01

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Exactly the same thing happened to me a few days ago... I dropped my HTC into the toilet, within seconds I took it out, dried it with a towel, and to my surprise it worked just fine, until the battery has ran out, and it did not recharge. The red light came on first, then about 10 seconds later it started to flash, and just did not charge the phone. At this point I read about the rice method on the Internet, so I have put my phone into rice, in a bag for 3 days, but it is still exactly the same. I have so much information on my phone, besides I don't want to spend on a new one ! Anyone could please help what should I do ???

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad