M4a Format unsupported after 4.4.2

strtmit

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
After the update, I no longer able to play the music files in m4a format either in the native app or the Google Play Music app. However, the same files can be played in 3rd party app like jet audio.
Tried factory reset after contacting HTC service Centre online, but the problem persisted.
Does anyone have faced such a problem and have the solution to this?

Posted via Android Central App

Ealevenish

Banned
Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
After the update, I no longer able to play the music files in m4a format either in the native app or the Google Play Music app. However, the same files can be played in 3rd party app like jet audio.
Tried factory reset after contacting HTC service Centre online, but the problem persisted.
Does anyone have faced such a problem and have the solution to this?

m4a Is Apple's proprietary audio file format. It is not supposed to work on any player but Apple's.

runningboy93

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
I just don't get it. I've had a Samsung Galaxy S4 for a year and EVERY DAY it's a new issue that - apropos of nothing - starts to go south. In this case, a sudden inability to play my playlists on Rocket Player which has worked for a year. Now, suddenly, half my files (m4a files from iTunes Store) are miraculously unable to be played. All of the so-called "fixes" online (other apps, etc.) are equally useless, and nobody online seems to have a way to rectify this sudden error. This format and this phone are absolutely one of the biggest debacles I have ever encountered. Going back to an iPhone today. Not before I keep hitting "Touch Wiz Home" 500 times after setting it using "ALWAYS." Potential buyers beware.///

pcdebb

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I transferred music last nite to my phone and missed converting some to mp3 format from m4a. They still played, I use poweramp player.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk