HTC One: Stock Web Browser

droidman401

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Can't seem to watch any videos on websites since I updated to kit Kat 4.4.2 ...no "play" button action or anything jus a black screen..does anybody know anything that I should do about this ?...thanks

Posted via T-Mobile HTC One

Last edited by a moderator:

morami

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Are you able to play those videos when connected to WI-FI?
What about playing with Chrome?

Posted via Android Central App

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't think Chrome ever let you use Flash since I got the device. I don't think WiFi is going to make a difference. You can try a different browser like Boat or Dolphin but I was having issues with my phone when I tried to install flash again after the update and I stopped having issues when I finally just gave up and uninstalled it. Now I use my old Rezound for stuff like that if I can't get it on the One. I'll take a look at that XDA link and see where it's taking you but yeah I agree that just doing away with something without having a firm replacement sucks giant donkey poles.

Last edited:

morami

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Are you able to play those videos when connected to WI-FI?
What about playing with Chrome?

The reason I asked about Wi-Fi playing is that I had a problem with videos not playing on 3g - 4g but playing on WI-FI.
Another question for the OP is can you play videos on YouTube app on both Mobile network and Wi-Fi?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
The reason I asked about Wi-Fi playing is that I had a problem with videos not playing on 3g - 4g but playing on WI-FI.

After the update or before? Do you think it was a transfer speed issue, like buffering, or a network issue, like trouble maintaining a connection?

morami

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
After the update or before? Do you think it was a transfer speed issue, like buffering, or a network issue, like trouble maintaining a connection?

After KitKat, but I am on Sprint and it might be a different bug.
Have you tried to use YouTube app like I suggested? Does it work?
It's true Flash is no longer supposed by the native browser but I can play most videos embedded in websites like CNET and A. C.

saalnaz

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys. This is what I was worried about. I knew there was no flash for Chrome but I have just recieved the update notice to kitkat but I noticed it mentioned removing the flash so I assumed it was for stock browser which I'm not inclined to do so. My question is, what benefits does the kitkat provide as opposed to keeping the 4.3?! I don't want to lose flash in stock browser and if the benefits are not that noticeable I may skip updating to 4.4.

morami

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys. This is what I was worried about. I knew there was no flash for Chrome but I have just recieved the update notice to kitkat but I noticed it mentioned removing the flash so I assumed it was for stock browser which I'm not inclined to do so. My question is, what benefits does the kitkat provide as opposed to keeping the 4.3?! I don't want to lose flash in stock browser and if the benefits are not that noticeable I may skip updating to 4.4.

What is your Carrier?
Can you give me an example of a website you visit that requires Flash so I can try it on my phone?
As I said in my post I can play most embedded videos on websites.
Two differences between 4.3 and KitKat are the option to remove BlinkFeed and that you get native support for emojis.

saalnaz

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Not enough reason to update?!
I have the HTC one because of blink feed (well a major reason for owning it) don't care much for emojis...

morami

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Nope

Posted via T-Mobile HTC One

Confirm this for me
No video playing on websites in Chrome or native browser whether on Mobile network or Wi-Fi.
Can you play videos on your YouTube app or YouTube on the web?
Have you tried to restore your browsers to default?
What websites do you visit and can't play videos? (example please)

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Confirm this for me
No video playing on websites in Chrome or native browser whether on Mobile network or Wi-Fi.
Can you play videos on your YouTube app or YouTube on the web?
Have you tried to restore your browsers to default?
What websites do you visit and can't play videos? (example please)

It isn't some sort of bug or malfunction. Google disabled Flash permanently in Kit Kat so it will not work with the stock browser. Chrome for mobile never supported Flash.

morami

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
It isn't some sort of bug or malfunction. Google disabled Flash permanently in Kit Kat so it will not work with the stock browser. Chrome for mobile never supported Flash.

Not all websites have embedded videos that use Flash . What I'm saying is that I can play most videos on websites.

morami

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

Did you read what the OP wrote , he didn't mention anything about Flash.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae