KitKat update

garethrdwilliams

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Was anyone else hoping the menu grid and also the lower app icon notification area would be translucent. I really like that but on the HTC they're blacked out. I know you can get launchers that alter the layout but I like to keep my phone as original as possible. A little moan I know but hey ho!

Also I thought with the kitkat update that on my home screen I could say ok Google and away it went just with my voice but I still have to swipe up on the home button or long press it to enter Google to then say ok Google ?

Posted via Android Central App on HTC One

Ninjatogo

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
They are changing the UI in Sense 6. Rumoured to appear later this year in the summer. As for the Google Now function not changing; it is still manual activation-only because you need new hardware to use the always on function. With the Moto X, they used their own custom low power mic set up. With phones featuring the SnapDragon 800 or better chips, there is a new low power processor that handles low power equipment such as the mic, so that it's always listening, without rapidly draining the battery. We are using the SnapDragon 600, a slightly older chip which doesn't support the always-on mic.

Hope that cleared things up.

garethrdwilliams

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
They are changing the UI in Sense 6. Rumoured to appear later this year in the summer. As for the Google Now function not changing; it is still manual activation-only because you need new hardware to use the always on function. With the Moto X, they used their own custom low power mic set up. With phones featuring the SnapDragon 800 or better chips, there is a new low power processor thats handles low power equipment such as the mic, so that it's always listening, without rapidly draining the battery. We are using the SnapDragon 600, a slightly older chip which doesn't support the always-on mic.

Hope that cleared things up.

Yes! Appreciate the reply :)

I think I don't fancy the always on ok Google now I know how it works!

Here's looking forward to the summer! Warm weather, BBQ'S, cruising in the family MPV and sense 6!

Posted via Android Central App on HTC One

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc