3 button headphones?

garethrdwilliams

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Coming from an iPhone I loved the way I could adjust volume, skip tracks etc without getting the phone out. Very handy when pushing a pushchair or if it was raining. The headphones that come with the HTC One are a single button type which although sound good (well, before kitkat update) are pretty useless to control audio. I've seen the apps to press sequence the button to different things but it's a right faff. Is there an aftermarket 3 button headset you can buy? I find the single button almost cripples music playback when on the move.

Posted via Android Central App on HTC One

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You can buy Bluetooth headset to offer full functionality of all features on all devices (pause/play, volume up/down, next/ previous). My jaybird bluebuds x offers this.

There are 3 button support headphones like the klipsch s4a as well. Amazon offers a variety of Android capable headphones

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3542273

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

garethrdwilliams

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
You can buy Bluetooth headset to offer full functionality of all features on all devices (pause/play, volume up/down, next/ previous). My jaybird bluebuds x offers this.

There are 3 button support headphones like the klipsch s4a as well. Amazon offers a variety of Android capable headphones

Amazon.com: android headphones: Electronics

Cheers, just been on Amazon and now eBay! I found locally to me some HTC RC E240 headphones for ?13! They are the ear canal type with 3 buttons and genuine HTC but in the listing write up says 'this headset will not activate Beats audio profile'. Is that true? I'm watching a few Klipsch headphones on eBay.

I did also see some Monster HTC urBeats by Dr. Dre In-ear Headphones on there also which I presume will activate the beats audio profile. They are 3 button headphones also

So confusing !

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
There are iPhone and Android versions. The Android specific 3 button headphones will support all three buttons. Iphone models won't.

garethrdwilliams

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
So what about these HTC ones I've found? The RC E240? I'm reading conflicting reviews etc about if they will or won't activate the beats audio profile?

Posted via Android Central App on HTC One

TiENTi

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
3-button Degauss Labs Sabotage Royale Android headphones

This is my first online purchase of "hundreds" to persuade me to sit down and type out a review. I wish I would have found these before paying $180 for the VSonic GR07, thats how good these are. Don't get me wrong, the VSonics are still fantastic earphones maybe even better sounding, but when speaking in terms of sheer value, nothing beats these 3-button Android Sabotage Royales.

I own over a dozen mid-fi headphones which are classified as audiophile grade, the majority ranging in price from $90-$300... So why am I blown away ? These cost a mere $59 and can close to match many of those who I ahve paid 200-300 for..

The sound signature is very comparable to my more expensive V-MODA Crossfade M-100 but in a sweet little $59 package. I don't know how they did it. If you are currently looking at the ultra popular Klipsch IMAGE S4 (coming from someone who has owned his S4s for 2 1/2 years) You can do yourself a favor and skip those for these, not only the 3-button full function does it but the sound alone. If I compare these to the S4s, there is more detail and more power. They are very well balanced and everything comes through crystal clear. I used to think the S4s sounded great until I got these in about a week ago. Now the S4s seem a bit on the muddy side. The bass is the absolute most impressive I've heard in a pair of earphones. Vocals, highs, instrument separation, fantastic.

As for the build quality, it is also very good. It screams quality. As for durability.. at $59 I'm not too concerned :) The earbud casings ... SOLID ALUMINUM.

If you want ultimate isolation and comfort, you need the Comply T-400 Tips I always buy Comply and own every tip model. Together with these tips, these earphones are unbeatable.

So if you are after 3-button 100% Android earphones. These have impressed me the most for the $ and have prompted me to type out my first review ever :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mboessen