Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One (M7): Won't ring in pocket.

Hello everyone,

i am wondering if someone has the same problem or an solution.

When the proximity sensor is covered it wont ring when someone is calling me.
    When it lays to up on a table it will ring (when proximity isnt covered)
    I already replaced proximity sensor.

Has someone a solution?

Thanks a lot

Default Re: HTC One (M7): Won't ring in pocket.

The DIALER is the problem here.
    If your phone is rooted and unlocked I can help you to solve your problem.
    If not, then google it how to root and unlock phone, when your done mail me and I will show you how to fix this issue.

The original question is old and you may already know the answer. But, I would change the sound settings and disable the "quiet ring on pickup". I found that as I'm walking with the phone in my pocket, the movement makes the phone thinks it's being picked up and mutes the ringer. I missed quite a few calls with that setting activated.

That didn't help me,tryed every possible setting and sometimes,but sometimes rings...99% only vibrates. Nothing to do with Flip to mute and other settings. Help anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by salle25 View Post
    That didn't help me,tryed every possible setting and sometimes,but sometimes rings...99% only vibrates. Nothing to do with Flip to mute and other settings. Help anyone?
    i beleive it has something to do with the flip to mute. Maybe the g-sensor is not calibrated that is why it reads that your phone is facing down even if it is not.

Try calibrating the g sensor in Settings > Display & gestures > g-sensor calibration.

Make sure to calibrate the phone in flat surface.

I did that already,phone is not ringing no matter how it is (upside down,face down....) turned,what matters is that when proximity is covered he makes no sound on incoming call,notifications works normally. Not covered rings normally. Nothing to google about that....

...and another bug.....when trying to hang up call (when proximity turns on the screen) it looks like this but with some red pixelsHTC One (M7): Won't ring in pocket.-statictv.gif
    or it freezes on a call screen and i have to reboot....

please tell me how to fix it with the dailar problem ??