[HTC One M7] Battery Calibration/Dying battery?

chotai

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I have an ATT M7 One that is a little under a year old and recently (Past month or so) I have been having really odd battery fluctuations. I?ll link to an imgur album with some of the battery level graphs that I?ve caught in the past few weeks to hopefully help you understand what I?m talking about more clearly since I don?t think I?ll be able to describe them very accurately on my own. So in the first case i?ve encountered I will charge the battery fully, and once the phone is running on battery it will last anywhere from 15 minutes to maybe an hour two and then just die. But when it dies, the battery level still displays 60%-70%.(Images 4,5,6,& 7) Then when I turn the phone back on the battery level will be anywhere from around 0%-20% and will last for another couple of minutes before dying again. There is another case of my battery acting really strange where the battery level will stay at around 50%-60% even though it?s being charged continuously (Right side of Image 1). I don?t know if it?s because my battery?s calibration is off or of the battery is just dying. I really hope the battery isn?t just outright dying; to get to this level of battery instability in under a year seems pretty shocking to me. I should add that i didn?t get any of these problems before I rooted my phone. I didn?t notice it while it was rooted with the stock rom. I initially started noticing the problem after I installed a GPE rom (not exactly sure which). I thought it was just the rom at first but I?ve switched around to different roms and have been getting the same problem. So does anyone know what the problem is or what could have caused it and if it is even fixable at all?

Thanks for any input!

imgur album : Battery Issues - Imgur

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I have an ATT M7 One that is a little under a year old and recently (Past month or so) I have been having really odd battery fluctuations. I?ll link to an imgur album with some of the battery level graphs that I?ve caught in the past few weeks to hopefully help you understand what I?m talking about more clearly since I don?t think I?ll be able to describe them very accurately on my own. So in the first case i?ve encountered I will charge the battery fully, and once the phone is running on battery it will last anywhere from 15 minutes to maybe an hour two and then just die. But when it dies, the battery level still displays 60%-70%.(Images 4,5,6,& 7) Then when I turn the phone back on the battery level will be anywhere from around 0%-20% and will last for another couple of minutes before dying again. There is another case of my battery acting really strange where the battery level will stay at around 50%-60% even though it?s being charged continuously (Right side of Image 1). I don?t know if it?s because my battery?s calibration is off or of the battery is just dying. I really hope the battery isn?t just outright dying; to get to this level of battery instability in under a year seems pretty shocking to me. I should add that i didn?t get any of these problems before I rooted my phone. I didn?t notice it while it was rooted with the stock rom. I initially started noticing the problem after I installed a GPE rom (not exactly sure which). I thought it was just the rom at first but I?ve switched around to different roms and have been getting the same problem. So does anyone know what the problem is or what could have caused it and if it is even fixable at all?

Thanks for any input!

imgur album : Battery Issues - Imgur

Mine wasn't shutting off like yours unfortunately. I'm on AT&T also. But I noticed after 4.4 update my battery life tanked so bad I couldn't even get a half a day. No calibration app worked. I did a full factory reset, even though it's a pain in the ***. But since then I can go almost a day and a half without charging. I would still try a reset. If not time for a warranty replacement.. Since your rooted I would go back to stock. Maybe a bad rom..

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

chotai

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Mine wasn't shutting off like yours unfortunately. I'm on AT&T also. But I noticed after 4.4 update my battery life tanked so bad I couldn't even get a half a day. No calibration app worked. I did a full factory reset, even though it's a pain in the ***. But since then I can go almost a day and a half without charging. I would still try a reset. If not time for a warranty replacement.. Since your rooted I would go back to stock. Maybe a bad rom..

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

How do you do a factory reset? Is is more than just wiping all of the partitions?

chotai

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE: I've performed a factory reset and used the phone as normal while watching battery life. The battery life lasted about an hour and a half, getting down to 80%. Throughout the battery life I was re-installing my apps and one of my restores required a restart. When I restarted my phone, the phone powered on with 60% battery life then died about a minute later.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Have you gotten the phone wet recently? Dropped it?

It sounds like some sort of hardware problem. It's highly doubtful an app could kill a battery that quickly.

Chanpreet Singh

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys..m from india .using att htc one from the past one year.since the last month i have also been encountring battery charging issues...it does not die rapidy or something ..rather when i plug the cable in..the phone just misbehaves..turns the lite on..opens the normal screen lock itself..some different window options appear..i read something like gpe...i managed to turn it off in its settings..but when i put the cable in..it says put the correct charger in..i reinsert the cable..sometimes it charges for 2-3 minutes..then stops..so i have to reconnect it again n again..sometimes it charges fully on one go..i have tried many chargers..but same prob persists..i wonder its due to the rooting n stuff...

Jamie Altman

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Most time of this issue is that as your reinstalling apps, changing cables and cannot find another solution to the problem you should simply understand this. Malicious software and cool apps constantly use your hardware draining the battery. if you have a total of 19 apps that have control or use the camera then you have the camera running all the time even when some apps are closed.

Greg Buschjost

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I would honestly try and get it replaced

Posted via Android Central App

MY HTC M8 has a constant problem with crashing now that I have updated to marshmallow. The update has fixed my Wi-Fi problem and is great but now my phone has to be on a charger or it'll crash! I barely use 1/3 of memory and got rid of all widgets and apps but still crashes! I'm NOT rich and expect a 700 dollar product to last longer than there warranty. Done all the factory resets. I need help. Please...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000