HTC One: Emoticons Issue

lawrence hallman

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Recently, I upgraded my HTC One to the new 4.4 KK and have discovered that I have new emoticons. Pages of them actually. I don't like the new emoticons. I liked the look of the old HTC emoticons just fine. What was wrong with them? How do I get them back? I really don't care to sift through pages and pages of useless pictograms to find something. The only option that I am seeing so far is to download yet another app that I don't need. I'm beginning to regret getting this phone. I wouldn't have upgraded my phone if I'd known that so many drastic changes were going to take place. Please help and thank you in advance.

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Recently, I upgraded my HTC One to the new 4.4 KK and have discovered that I have new emoticons. Pages of them actually. I don't like the new emoticons. I liked the look of the old HTC emoticons just fine. What was wrong with them? How do I get them back? I really don't care to sift through pages and pages of useless pictograms to find something. The only option that I am seeing so far is to download yet another app that I don't need. I'm beginning to regret getting this phone. I wouldn't have upgraded my phone if I'd known that so many drastic changes were going to take place. Please help and thank you in advance.

There is a ton of them but if you are using the Sense keyboard it will place the ones you use on the leftmost panel, kinda like a "favorites" list...I like the diversity!

Posted via my Highly Technically Competent DNA

lawrence hallman

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm aware of the favorites list but as stated earlier, I don't like the new emoticons. I like the look of the old ones. How do I get them back? I've looked in the play store. It appears that I have to download yet another app to get different emoticons. Why can't there be just an image pack to load into the phone? Even make my own without having to root my phone. With the emoji app loaded onto my wife's phone, we found that you have to have network turned on to send the emoticons :/ . Which means I have to turn on my network in order to get the message because it wants to send the emoticons as MMS. The old stock messenger that was in my phone was JUST FINE before the 4.4 upgrade. We are areas where network in general is not always accessible. What a hassle!

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately if you are stock there is no way to actually get the original ones back unless you are willing to root and down grade to the old OS. However, and I know you said you were kind of against this also but, you can install one of the many keyboard apps available at the Play Store that emoticons that you like. Someone may correct me but I think those are your only two options at this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol