Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to restore deleted phone contacts HTC One M7

Can anyone tell me how to restore deleted phone contacts? Somehow I managed to wipe the phone contacts, all other options in the people app are still there, whatsapp, google etc, but I cant find out how to reinstate the contact I deleted. I tried to restore from a backup, as the phone automatically backs up every 24 hours, but for some reason the option to restore back ups is greyed out

Global Posts
    4,693 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Kitkat

Default Re: How to restore deleted phone contacts HTC One M7

Quote Originally Posted by Stu83 View Post
    Can anyone tell me how to restore deleted phone contacts? Somehow I managed to wipe the phone contacts, all other options in the people app are still there, whatsapp, google etc, but I cant find out how to reinstate the contact I deleted. I tried to restore from a backup, as the phone automatically backs up every 24 hours, but for some reason the option to restore back ups is greyed out
    Just to clarify, you were syncing them with your Google account right?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

under the backup and reset option the backup account was set to htc account but using a gmail address

There is only one way to get back all your contacts again only if you have a backup of all your contacts into your pc/laptop

i'm having problems with my htc one, showing a decrypt message and asking for a password, the internet says that's an indication of a software issue, i'd just like to know if there's any way to retrieve my contacts from the device, some were not backed up in google, can this be done?

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

I have an HTC One M7. A bit ago I did a restore & lost everything.
    Will FonePaw Android Data Recovery help me Recover Lost texts? What is this able to help me recover?
    I lost important voicemails & texts I needed for a court case against someone who I had hired to work on my house & they ended up ripping me off totally.
    Is there any way anybody knows of that I could possibly Recover this lost info?
    I'm not very tech-savy (obviously), so any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Hi,

If the contacts are synced with any google account, then use 'Sync Contacts' to get back all the contacts

I can really understand you! Sometimes it is quite possible to deleted contacts on Android phone by mistake when you are in a hurry. I have the similar experience on my HTC One M8 almost half a month ago. And luckily I get all my deleted contacts back. I tried many Android data recovery software and Gihosoft finally helped me do the recovery. I suggest you have it a try.