Can't get out of boot-loop

Julia Jooblea

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Hey all. I was using my phone today and all of a sudden all my apps started stopping for some reason. I turned my phone off, and next thing I know it took me to some strange safe mode looking screen. I called Rogers and they obviously want to charge me to fix me phone. I've tried everything to get it on to the usual screen (recovery screen?), and no one online seems to have the same problem as me where nothing just works...
They asked me if my phone was locked and it wasn't, but as I turned it on, it says locked so I have no idea what is going on. I've tried turning it off, connecting it to my pc (pc wont recognize it), and ever selected factory reset in the boot loader thing but still takes me back to the same screen...
I have no idea what is going on. I've read that whole ruu thing resets the phone but I have no idea, maybe I am doing something wrong with the buttons :s
Here's a picture and this is all I see... (top says "TAMPERED" then "LOCKED" then "SECURITY WARNING")
unnamed (3).jpg

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
With the whole tampered thing I'm not sure what to think. You said that you thought the phone was unlocked. Is that because you bought it unlocked or because you unlocked to root or something. That could change the next piece of advice. You called Rogers but have you tried HTC customer service? If you bought a legit unlocked phone and now it's saying locked they may be able to help you.

The only other things that come to mind is that the screen shown is the screen you get when you hold the volume down button during power up of the device. Work the volume button both directions a few times and see, one if they feel the same, like the micro button under each is returning to position and then try to restart the phone. There is a slim chance the button could be stuck. If that produces nothing you try holding up volume button and powering on the device. That is supposed to simulate a battery pull.

If you are able to get back into the phone I would recover as much as possible and turn the phone in on insurance. Hopefully they will be able to determine that the Tampered message isn't do to anything you've done and they will replace your phone.

Julia Jooblea

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Yea my phone isn't unlocked that makes sense. I've tried to hold the down button and the up button while turning it on and still same thing. I'm trying to download a RUU file but I have no idea if I can run it if my phone is locked to Rogers. I found a tutorial on how to start it up so I'll see if that helps but I'm not sure what else to do. I haven't called HTC and I probably should, I just lost all my hope because I went to a tech place to see if they can fix it and they were also telling me that they were gonna run the RUU file. Blah! Thanks though!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci