- 45 Posts
Yayy!! another HTC one problem :)
During phone calls the screen stays on. The screen will only turn off if I literally place my finger over the IR sensor. This has caused so many dropped calls it's such a pos. Any fixes for this or let me guess....I gotta roll the dice again and get another phone? The phone has never been dropped. Or clean inappropriately. Or breathed on wrong. Or looked at wrong. It's just not working. This one I can prove a million times to anyone who asks. Every call. Every time.
Posted via Android Central App
- 05-03-2014, 12:09 PM #2
- 05-09-2014, 07:54 AM #4
- 1,768 Posts
Re: Yayy!! another HTC one problem :)
If the profile pic you've set is an actual pic of you then I would say your screen issue is a hair issue. Long over the ear hair can bleed light through and allow the sensor to see enough light that it is fooled into staying on. Two options are to reposition the device when holding it to your ear or press it harder against your ear to create more of a seal at the sensor. Another thing that many people take for granted is that while the sensor may not seem soiled light amounts of oil, makeup or hair care products can cause the sensor to think it's dark (or darker than it is) causing it to not respond when an actual dark condition occurs. Keeping the sensor clean and finding the right position when speaking on the phone may be the two things that help you solve this problem.
- By mladja85 in forum HTC One M8Replies: 14Last Post: 05-07-2015, 10:29 PM
- By Skyhook1 in forum Verizon HTC OneReplies: 3Last Post: 05-09-2014, 03:48 PM
- By waz ahmer in forum HTC One M8Replies: 10Last Post: 05-02-2014, 05:55 PM
- By ExpatChris in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 1Last Post: 05-02-2014, 05:05 PM
- By Almeuit in forum HTC One M8Replies: 0Last Post: 05-02-2014, 03:34 PM