HTC One unable to sync to pc via manager/find/update drivers

huehuehuee

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Right so here goes,

Basically my original HTC One got quite damaged, and so I bought a slightly used unlocked version (one where the screen and case wasn't near destroyed, as my original). However, since getting the phone I have constantly been trying to hook it up to PC via USB cable in order to, simply, transfer some music. My computer will not recognise my new phone as a htc (only "Android Phone"). It will also not allow me to find (automatically/manually) the drivers. Now this is pretty much the same problem with both phones, so I highly doubt it is a fault with the new one I just purchased. I have tried multiple usb ports in my computer, searched the entire internet for answers, downloaded drivers and manually tried to find them to no avail, uninstalled/reinstalled the sync manager numerous times but it still will not find the phone. I cannot understand this at all. It's always been as easy as, attaching a usb cable and then even using WMP to sync music files, or even drag them in manually. But my computer will not recognise any HTC one, or allow me to find the drivers. Anyone have any advice for me ? I can post screen shots of every step I have taken if needed.

Thanks in advance

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like the USB cable more than anything. My guess is that the micro USB plug is damaged or dirty if it's not working for either device. Two things you could try to prove or disprove the USB are, plug in any other device that takes a micro USB to your PC and see if it's recognized, or pick up or borrow a USB from a mate. My guess is that the other device won't sync with that cable. Even though the connection on the One is the best I've seen in several devices it seems more finicky than many of my other devices too. I've had to be very guarded about what devices I share my cable with because I've had at least 3 stop working for my One after other devices were plugged into them. I have two right now that work for two old phones but will not charge my One and one that will transfer for one of the other phones but not allow my One to be seen by my PC. Try a different cable.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae