SMS Delivery Notice

anon(5971985)

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi. Just got my One back from repair (camera and mic issues) and the software version that the repair centre put on is 4.20.771.17 of Android 4.4.2 with Sense 5.5. I presume it's an "international" handset. It is branded to the Three network in Ireland.

Anyhow, here's the thing....

Before it went for repair (not sure which software version of 4.4.2 it had), on the stock messaging app I had it set up to show delivery reports. These were visible when I went in to the conversations and looked at the threads. However, since getting it back, with the delivery report options turned on, I get a notification (and sound) in the status bar and notification drop down. I used to never get that before. I do not like the way it's working now. I preferred it when I had to go to the conversations to see if the text was delivered, rather than getting a chime and notification splashing up each time.

I've tried playing with the settings, but it looks like when I turn off the notification setting for delivery reports, they no longer appear anywhere, including in the conversation thread where I want them.

Right now I've resorted to using Hangouts for SMS, but I prefer the stock app only for this glitch with delivery reports.

Any ideas how to have delivery reports, but not have them splash up on status bar?

Thanks.

Michael Nancarrow

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi. Just got my One back from repair (camera and mic issues) and the software version that the repair centre put on is 4.20.771.17 of Android 4.4.2 with Sense 5.5. I presume it's an "international" handset. It is branded to the Three network in Ireland.

Anyhow, here's the thing....

Before it went for repair (not sure which software version of 4.4.2 it had), on the stock messaging app I had it set up to show delivery reports. These were visible when I went in to the conversations and looked at the threads. However, since getting it back, with the delivery report options turned on, I get a notification (and sound) in the status bar and notification drop down. I used to never get that before. I do not like the way it's working now. I preferred it when I had to go to the conversations to see if the text was delivered, rather than getting a chime and notification splashing up each time.

I've tried playing with the settings, but it looks like when I turn off the notification setting for delivery reports, they no longer appear anywhere, including in the conversation thread where I want them.

Right now I've resorted to using Hangouts for SMS, but I prefer the stock app only for this glitch with delivery reports.

Any ideas how to have delivery reports, but not have them splash up on status bar?

Thanks.

I have just enabled SMS notifications and sent a text; the report was only shown in the thread. I note I have a seperate software version to you...below are my settings

HTC One M7

Attachments

• 1915.jpg
    1915.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 1914.jpg
    1914.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 8
  • 1913.jpg
    1913.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 9