HTC One USB issues

linuxas21

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone. So I have a little problem over here, not even sure if it's a little one. So like 2 months back I decided to dissasemble my htc in order to change the camera as the previous one had purple tint and change my housing from white to red. I have done everything right now, I've been waiting for all those parts for these two months, replaced my camera, housing, UI board as I destroyed the camera socket of the old one and everything works pretty much, still got an issue with buzzing speaker even though it's a new one, but I'll find a way out. What bothering me now is that I cannot get my HTC recognized by PC. I'm not sure how I fixed my USB problems earlier, I had a lot of them until I found some drivers or something. So now I experience this problem that when I connect my HTC to the front socket it clearly doesn't make any signs of being recognized, but it still charges. When I connect it to one of the back sockets, PC makes a 'ding' sound that a USB device is connected. Although I cannot see any devices on my PC. I tried fastboot, PC can't find the device either, tired ADB in recovery, but it's loading forever, not sure if it should be that way. So after this long journey, USB is the only problem I'm facing. Could it be drivers or something else? As the phone charges whenever I connect it to a power source, it charges. One thing I noticed that no matter where I connect it, USB or wall socket it always says 'IF HTC Sync Manager installer doesn't automatically start, run it from CD-ROM drive on your PC' along with slow charge warning. Please help me.

ram1220

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I believe you do have to install the drivers on your PC. I remember having to do it when I first got my One back in October.

linuxas21

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Already tried, installed then uninstalled, installed hsm, uninstalled then installed again with drivers, etc. doesn't seem to work. Gonna borrow a different cable from my friend tomorrow see if that helps.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way you can try another USB cable. Usually it's the charging that people notice going bad first however they do sometimes fail in the data transfer area before the charging. That would also explain your slow charging warning if your charging pins are not connected well or on the verge of failure. If you're lucky it will be the cable and not the port. If you don't have any other cable the other thing you could do is plug in a different device and see if it's recognized. I'm leaning towards the cable because when you plug it into the back of the computer it tries to recognize your device which could indicate that there is a short in the cable and when the cable lays a certain way it's making contact. If you really have no other cable or device you could try plugging in to the front and trying to reproduce the angle of the wire as it is when it's plugged into the back and see if you get the beep as though you've plugged something in to your computer.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci