Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HELP updated to 5.14.531.1 and lost all my notification sounds?

does anyone know where they went? under 'notification sounds' there are a number of new sounds and none of the ones i used previously for text, email, voicemail or whatsapp. i liked having different notifications for each and it's hard to find more than one i like in this new batch. are the old ones still in my phone somewhere? thank you!!

PS i still miss "cricket" from my blackberry.

Global Posts
    804 Global Posts

Default Re: HELP updated to 5.14.531.1 and lost all my notification sounds?

Yeah, I lost them too and it was annoying as hell. I just downloaded the whole package. You can check over at xda (probably elsewhere) and just download them.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    Yeah, I lost them too and it was annoying as hell. I just downloaded the whole package. You can check over at xda (probably elsewhere) and just download them.
    sweet! sorry i am a bit new to android....what exactly should i be looking for? thank you!!

Yeah I am REALLY TICKED OFF with the fact that all my notifications and ringtones have completely vanished!!!!! I ignored my phone a number of times today thinking it was updating or app updates or something because of the TING TONG type sounds it was making off and on not even realizing THAT WAS MY NEW RINGTONE?!?!?!

I can't even remember what my last ringtone was now because i'm so flustered.. Anyway to see/hear/download a list of the PREVIOUS ringtones?????
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Lodge View Post
    Yeah I am REALLY TICKED OFF with the fact that all my notifications and ringtones have completely vanished!!!!! I ignored my phone a number of times today thinking it was updating or app updates or something because of the TING TONG type sounds it was making off and on not even realizing THAT WAS MY NEW RINGTONE?!?!?!

I can't even remember what my last ringtone was now because i'm so flustered.. Anyway to see/hear/download a list of the PREVIOUS ringtones?????
    the thing i don't understand is what could their motivation possibly be? do notification tones really require that much memory? could they not simply have added a few rather than replace them all? this line of thinking undermines any confidence i have in them. at least they gave me back the option to remove that stupid lockscreen.

EXACTLY!! WHY replace them?? Just ADD them as new additions to what you already have.

Global Posts
    804 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by walterkurtz View Post
    sweet! sorry i am a bit new to android....what exactly should i be looking for? thank you!!
    Just go here: [UPDATE][HTC ONE][Wallpapers][Sounds][Sense 5 Theme][Fonts][New M8] - xda-developers

and download the sounds. Then just transfer them to your phone with your method of choice.
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    Just go here: [UPDATE][HTC ONE][Wallpapers][Sounds][Sense 5 Theme][Fonts][New M8] - xda-developers

and download the sounds. Then just transfer them to your phone with your method of choice.
    awesome! not sure if i put them in the right place, but success regardless! thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Lodge View Post
    EXACTLY!! WHY replace them?? Just ADD them as new additions to what you already have.

Thanks a million! So relieved to have my old familiar sounds back. Not sure how to reassign the stuff in the "UI" folder though. I created a folder named UI and put everything into it. Now how do I get my nice loud camera click back?

Thanks again!
    Debbie

You can find the cricket and other BB notifiers as MP3's on crackberry dot com. Then just drag the mp3's into the notifications folder on your android.