Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By henryfool3
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Music

So yesterday I did a reset on the phone. Not total wipe, as it left pics and videos and a few albums, but everything else was wiped. After I reinstalled all my Google music did something strange. I have the box checked to only download on wifi and wanted to save some things to the device, but it wouldn't download while on wifi. Tried uninstalling updates and rebooting phone, clearing cache, all of that. Actually spoke to Google and waiting for them to give some advice as they never heard this.

Anyone have this kind of problem?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Google Music

So what exactly happens when you select an album to Keep on Device? Does anything happen at all? Do you get an error message? Does it act like it's downloading, but it doesn't actually Keep on Device?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

nothing happens. it goes into the queue. but doesn't download. it just says can't download requested music at this time.

i actually did another reset today, to see if somehow that is what caused it, but it didn't change anything.

so i unchecked the download via wifi box and it all downloaded. i assume it was via wifi as i was connected to my wifi. but it's pretty odd. will be curious to see what google says after they investigate.

Having the same problem.

Is everything else working on wifi for you? Did downloads work if you were using some other wifi network besides your home network?

Everything else is working. I really only use my network at home, and it has always worked perfectly. I took off the WiFi only restrictions as well, and my music is starting to download again. I've got my mobile network turned off, so I assume it's not using my data plan...

Weird glitch. Make sure you send feedback to Google from within the Play Music app.

Posted via Android Central App.
    Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Same for me. Other things worked fine on wifi.

Waiting to hear back from the Google rep.

Having this problem too, did a factory reset and everything and nothing is downloading.

edit: just unchecked the download via wifi only option and the music is downloading..hope it doesn't eat into my data plan somehow
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

google has written me back that they are investigating. seems to be an HTC One issue and they will keep me apprised.
    B. Diddy likes this.

Thanks for the followup, and keep us updated!

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    Carrier
    None Yet...

I find if your WiFi is slow it will error out. Used to do that to me on DSL. Now that I have Cable it downloads every time without an issue.