Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Group Messaging? Help!!!

Ok i'm not a big group messaging person it's not something I ever use. With that said, I've been receiving a lot of group messaging texts, unfortunately, when i receive them i receive them separately which makes it hard to see who said what and who is talking to who. On my wife's gs5 she receives all the messages in 1 group.

Is there a setting maybe i don't have turned on? Would be nice to see them all in 1 group instead of receiving a bunch of separate ones.

Thanks in adavance
    Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4g > HTC Evo 3d> Galaxy S2> Sprint Galaxy S3> Tmobile Galaxy S3> Tmoble HTC One & Asus Transformer Pad Infiniti
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Group Messaging? Help!!!

nvm figured it out, for those who have same issue here is how to fix it on 4.4.2

Step 1: In the messaging app click settings and at the bottom click settings again
    Step 2: In settings click Multimedia Messages (mms)
    Step 3: in MMS at the bottom you wil see a section called : Group Messaging. by default it appears to be turned off, all you have to do is make sure it's checked on.

Now when you receive a group message you will no longer receive each one individually.
    Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4g > HTC Evo 3d> Galaxy S2> Sprint Galaxy S3> Tmobile Galaxy S3> Tmoble HTC One & Asus Transformer Pad Infiniti