Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One running slow.

I have about 1.5 gb of free space, my phone is lagging, I've tried restarting with no avail. Any suggestions to improve my phone's performance?

Default Re: HTC One running slow.

Could you provide a little more information like what your running? Social media, email sync's, widgets, 3rd party launchers, etc. It all adds up eventually.

Also is your device updated to 4.4.x or have you avoided the updates and still running 4.3.3 or lower?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Could you provide a little more information like what your running? Social media, email sync's, widgets, 3rd party launchers, etc. It all adds up eventually.

Also is your device updated to 4.4.x or have you avoided the updates and still running 4.3.3 or lower?
    I am having a similar problem...just a couple widgets, 2 email syncs, Gmail through the app, access facebook through chrome, but Google account synced in everything and I was (probably ill advisably) trying to use the Google version of apps if there is one. I do check my running apps and stop those I don't use super frequently but I find that a great many simply restart even if unused, at certain intervals? Thanks to permissions? However, I rarely go over 1.2 gb of used ram, so there should be no reason for the delays, especially in basic functions, like THE PHONE, I love the phone but I also love a device that performs

Same issue. I'm on the 3 network in the UK.
    The only apps I had running were Amazon music that was streaming to my in-car stereo and Google maps.
    The phone takes up to 10 seconds between finger taps to respond at all, seriously frustrating and unbelievable considering the light load on it.
    The longer the period of time I used the phone in this configuration the worse it became, restarting it seemed to do nothing also.

Unimpressed, nearly took the thing back.