Sense 6.0 update RED TRIANGLE

Wayne Cheah

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
hi guys, using the M7 here in Malaysia, word is all the phones in my country are getting the Sense 6 update OTA. I've tried updating it, 9 attempts so far, all of which ends up like this:

Downloading 666.06MB (satan?) of update (for every time I fail, I'd need to download it AGAIN)

It goes from the green HTC Sync logo, progress is fast all the way 'til about like 1/3 of the progress, then it stops for 10 seconds, and kaboom! Red Triangle screen, after like 2 minutes it'll boot normally back to Sense 5.5. Anyone has any ideas on this?

Done this with phone plugged into the wall, NOT plugged into the wall, FULL battery, 50% battery, all in different conditions, even used my neighbour's WiFi for a chance, still the same thing.

This M7 is a used unit, I am not aware if the previous owner had rooted it (to my noob knowledge, it doesn't appear to be rooted to me, even used a root checker and it said that the device is not rooted)

Android 4.4.2, HTC Sense 5.5.

Should I be doing a factory reset?

Wayne Cheah

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
an update:

factory reset didn't work, figured out that some preload apps are missing hence OTA is not verifying it. Any ideas? Follow up explanation copied from my XDA thread:

Hi, I require assistance. bought this used unit of M7 (normal edition) a few months back. Totally new to the Android scene before then.

It came with 4.4.2 and Sense 5.5, I had assumed it was untampered with and is fully stock.

Software version is 4.20.707.6, Asia WWE. CL308312 release keys (whatever that means)

kernel 3.4.10-g499e571

So when I had tried to update it via OTA to HTC Sense 6 (file size 666.06MB, what the.. Satan?)

I'd go through it for the first 30% and then it'd be in a red triangle with exclamation mark, which then made me press the volume and power button and got this:
g4BHkN2l.jpg

showing that soundhound_freemium is missing, uhh...

It would then boot back normally and go back to the normal Sense 5.5. But I do want the Sense 6 badly and get this issue solved.

I was pretty dumbfounded with this issue as I am new to Android and everyone else is receiving their updates smoothly.

Now I choose not to proceed without the advice of XDA forumers, I wish to ask of what is the next step for me? I came across with the explanation that I'd need to do an RUU to get back to stock? Feeling pretty much dumber from that point on, there are so many RUU files around that I do not know which one I should be using? Any help on this is appreciated.

Steps done so far:

Factory reset from settings
Factory reset from recovery mode
Installing soundhound from Play Store (yea.. no difference)
Continuously attempting it at least 11 to 13 times, still the same thing over again.

BTW: I seem to be getting the app called WeChat every time I reset my phone, I wonder why... I know it's a messaging app but didn't know it'd come with the phone pre-loaded.. uh..

oh and oh, apart from OTA, any other way for me to install it from PC or something? I remember being able to update via iTunes instead of OTA for a newer version of iOS, although of course that was iOS, just wondering if it were possible for the Android as well. Hmm.. oh well

I would really appreciate all the help I can get, really want the Sense 6 UI to test, thank you very much!

4FhvnTMl.jpg

Erzketzer

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I'm having the same problem (Switzerland Version).
I also tried it with different recovery versions (recovery_4.19.401.8.img and recovery_4.19.161.11.img). Didn't work. OTAs sofar always worked, the only difference I see now is, I wiped phone (everything except for System) recently and now four stock apps are missing.
This seems to be a common thing: HTC One bootloader unlocking deletes apps, blocks future updates | Expert Reviews

Maybe this is the reason for the failed OTA?

Greetings

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tgksnow