Clearing some memory - have questionable files I want to know if I can delete
I'm looking to clear some memory space on my phone, and under Storage it shows 6.30GB of space is taken up by "Other."
So I go into "Make more space" and 7.02 GB of space is taken up by Miscellaneous. Files in this section include "mobile", ".data", "null", ".showme," etc.
What exactly are these files? Can they be safely deleted or are they part of the OS?
Thanks in advance!
- 05-31-2014, 11:51 PM #2
Re: Clearing some memory - have questionable files I want to know if I can deleteMotorola Nexus 6 & Asus Transformer Book T100 (Windows 10)
- 06-01-2014, 05:02 AM #3
- 366 Posts
Re: Clearing some memory - have questionable files I want to know if I can delete
If you want to find out more, you should probably use a file manager and find those files. Often they're contained in folders that have the same name as applications, or the company who made an app. This might give you an idea about what the files are and whether you can safely delete them or not.
- By GlassToTheArson in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 4Last Post: 06-01-2014, 04:20 PM
- By fiat3192 in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 05-31-2014, 12:07 AM
- By Arcturus314 in forum HTC One M7Replies: 0Last Post: 05-30-2014, 10:09 PM
- By del64 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 05-30-2014, 09:47 PM
- By Long Dinh1 in forum Google Play StoreReplies: 0Last Post: 05-30-2014, 09:09 PM