Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By D13H4RD2L1V3
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One overheated and bricked... ?

So, yesterday I was playing a game that used like 60% of my processor and the phone got really hot to the point where I couldn't keep it in my hand. It also drained fastly, to 5% or so, so I put it to wall charge. I noticed that the blinking red light still wouldn't dissappear, but I thought it was a bug or something, so I went to dinner. When I came back, the phone just wouldn't TURN ON! I've tried every solution online, from the POWER BUTTON+VOL DOWN to the light sensor trick, but none would work in my case. What should I do? Is there a chance to recover my data without sending the phone to the service?

Default Re: HTC One overheated and bricked... ?

Have you tried a different charger?

The blinking red light to me means that your phone is not charging. Try plugging into another microUSB charger. If it fails, send it back for repairs. The port may be broken.

Your phone did not overheat. Metal conducts heat, so it'll feel pretty toasty when performing heavy tasks, compared to phones like, say, the Galaxy S5. It's normal.
    Lenovo IdeaPad Y410P running Windows 8.1
    LG G4 running Android 5.1 "Lollipop" (Stock LG UX 4.0 UI) *CURRENT DAILY DRIVER*
    HTC One (M7) running Android 5.1.1 "Lollipop" (Custom CM12.1 ROM based on AOSP)
    LG G3 running Android 5.0 "Lollipop" (Stock LG UX 3.0 UI)
    Samsung Galaxy S3 running Android 5.1 "Lollipop" (Custom CM12.1 ROM based on AOSP)
    Thanked by:
    Sanepiduep likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: HTC One overheated and bricked... ?

Yeah, I've recently had the same issue, but I haven't thought about it before I posted this thread. This is indeed the problem. I will send it for repairs. Thanks, anyway!