Chou An

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone
After a factory reset Google Now is not working all of a sudden
It worked perfectly before
I read tons of posts,tried all the methods like the one with fake location
because I am also getting the Location Reporting is not available
and after clearing the cache,and uninstalling updates of Google search I get the error linked in the attachment
Google Now works without the Ok Google command,it recognizes my location the problem is that the cards don't show up and I'm unable to turn it on:confused:

Location is turned on btw
Also device is not rooted

Any help would be much appreciated
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-02-22-48-53_1.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-02-22-48-53_1.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot_2014-06-03-00-33-21.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-03-00-33-21.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_2014-06-03-13-27-21.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-03-13-27-21.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 40

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
So at least two factory resets, cleared caches, uninstalled updates for Google search, and the issue persists? Hummm. How did you restore items to your device? Google backup, a backup app, some other method, or just reset and start over? The reason I ask is because it sounds like something is buggy and if you used a backup to restore it may have just given you back that buggy install. Of course my next suggestion would be to reset without restoring and trying it from zero, before anything is installed or updated just to see if it works right out of the box, so to speak. Since this isn't real time, let's say that you've done that and it didn't work, right out of the box. That would mean something is messed up with, probably, the app or maybe your image. 2 posts I'm guessing you haven't rooted the device or anything like that and probably don't know about XDA developers, in which case I would suggest that you go over to XDA join their forum, just like you did here, and look for a thread in the HTC One forum for how to update to Sense 6 from stock. I know you already have it, but if it didn't install correctly or created a glitch while installing reinstalling it may reverse the issue. XDA may have the answer if you don't find it post it just like here and they may have an answer for you.

Chou An

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
So at least two factory resets, cleared caches, uninstalled updates for Google search, and the issue persists? Hummm. How did you restore items to your device? Google backup, a backup app, some other method, or just reset and start over? The reason I ask is because it sounds like something is buggy and if you used a backup to restore it may have just given you back that buggy install. Of course my next suggestion would be to reset without restoring and trying it from zero, before anything is installed or updated just to see if it works right out of the box, so to speak. Since this isn't real time, let's say that you've done that and it didn't work, right out of the box. That would mean something is messed up with, probably, the app or maybe your image. 2 posts I'm guessing you haven't rooted the device or anything like that and probably don't know about XDA developers, in which case I would suggest that you go over to XDA join their forum, just like you did here, and look for a thread in the HTC One forum for how to update to Sense 6 from stock. I know you already have it, but if it didn't install correctly or created a glitch while installing reinstalling it may reverse the issue. XDA may have the answer if you don't find it post it just like here and they may have an answer for you.

here's what happened, there was a problem with my phone ,it is still in warranty so I took it to the center and they did a full factory reset without recovery,also it wasn't updated to sense 6 at that time,but Google Now still wasn't working,after the update the issue still persisted,I did a factory reset with Google drive
device is not rooted
and I also posted a thread in XDA ,read similar threads but again no luck

ivanhtcm7

May 21, 2014
Visit site
hope u help long customer service lol . but after all. i just factory reset from recovery it solved.
Print
Exit
10:41:51 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
Initial Question/Comment: location services on google now cant turn it on. not able to use google now.
10:41:56 SystemSystem
Ryan has joined this session!
Connected with Ryan
10:42:09 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
location services on google now cant turn it on. not able to use google now.
10:42:14 AgentRyan
Hello Ivan, I do apologize you are having this issue. I can certainly look into this for you.
10:42:20 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
sorry before i was afk
10:42:56 AgentRyan
When did this issue begin?
10:44:08 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
since las update to 4.4.2 htc sdk api level: 5.69
10:44:31 AgentRyan
Can I have you go into the settings of the phone, then select the option for "power" please? Once selected, can you disable the option for fastboot please, then power the phone completely off?
10:44:53 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
ok
10:45:11 AgentRyan
Can you press and hold in your volume down key please, while holding in the volume down can you also press the power button in for three seconds? After releasing the power button you would want to continue to hold in your volume down until you reach a white screen with three androids at the bottom?
10:46:01 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
ok
10:46:07 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
fastboot
10:46:09 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
recovery
10:46:17 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
wich one?
10:46:26 AgentRyan
Once you are at that screen can you use the volume button to scroll down and highlight recovery in blue please, then select it with the power button?
10:46:55 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
done recovery
10:47:22 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
now?
10:48:08 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
black screen htc one phone with red trinagle ! on it
10:48:21 AgentRyan
Now you would want to wait until you have a red triangle with an exclamation mark in the middle of it on your screen. When you see it can you hold in the volume up key, while holding it in can you press and release the power button please?
10:48:46 AgentRyan
Can you now use the volume button to scroll down and highlight "wipe cache partition" please, and select it with the power button? After the cache wipe is complete, the option for "reboot system now" will be highlighted automatically, can you select it with the power button as well please?
10:50:09 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
done phone rebooting
10:50:36 AgentRyan
Okay, can you attempt to use Google please?
10:52:18 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
nothing happen stil cant use google now still says off the tab wont move to on
10:53:31 AgentRyan
Okay, can you go into Settings>Apps>All please?
10:53:59 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
done
10:54:03 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
now?
10:54:26 AgentRyan
Can you scroll down and select Google Services & Frameworks please, then select clear data?
10:55:06 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
done
10:55:16 AgentRyan
Can you restart the phone when finished please?
10:55:39 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
restarting....
10:56:15 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
done
10:56:28 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
pop up came
10:56:45 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
asking for location consent
10:56:53 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
agree or disagree
10:56:58 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
??
10:57:16 AgentRyan
You would agree please.
10:58:16 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
another pop up , sasy in another version you turn off ..... wanna turn it on?? i clicked yes
10:58:41 AgentRyan
Okay , you would want it to be enabled.
10:59:09 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
now im trying to use google now?
10:59:21 AgentRyan
Yes, that would be correct.
10:59:33 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
sorry english its not my native language
11:01:22 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
still not able to set it up tab just wont move to on
11:02:52 AgentRyan
Okay, I do apologize about that, what we can do next is called a Google Checkin, this will update your phone with the Google servers to make sure everything is working properly.
11:03:17 AgentRyan
Can you open your phone dialer please?
11:03:31 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
done
11:04:03 AgentRyan
Can you now input *#*#2432546#*#* please?
11:05:47 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
notificacion cheking succede

11:06:46 AgentRyan
Okay great, this will take up to 24 hours to update the Google Servers, of Google Now is still not working by this time tomorrow we can look further into that for you.
11:07:11 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
?? Really?

Chou An

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
hope u help long customer service lol . but after all. i just factory reset from recovery it solved.
Print
Exit
10:41:51 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
Initial Question/Comment: location services on google now cant turn it on. not able to use google now.
Ryan has joined this session!
Connected with Ryan
10:42:09 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
location services on google now cant turn it on. not able to use google now.
10:42:14 AgentRyan
Hello Ivan, I do apologize you are having this issue. I can certainly look into this for you.
10:42:20 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
sorry before i was afk
10:42:56 AgentRyan
When did this issue begin?
10:44:08 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
since las update to 4.4.2 htc sdk api level: 5.69
10:44:31 AgentRyan
Can I have you go into the settings of the phone, then select the option for "power" please? Once selected, can you disable the option for fastboot please, then power the phone completely off?
10:44:53 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
ok
10:45:11 AgentRyan
Can you press and hold in your volume down key please, while holding in the volume down can you also press the power button in for three seconds? After releasing the power button you would want to continue to hold in your volume down until you reach a white screen with three androids at the bottom?
10:46:01 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
ok
10:46:07 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
fastboot
10:46:09 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
recovery
10:46:17 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
wich one?
10:46:26 AgentRyan
Once you are at that screen can you use the volume button to scroll down and highlight recovery in blue please, then select it with the power button?
10:46:55 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
done recovery
10:47:22 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
now?
10:48:08 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
black screen htc one phone with red trinagle ! on it
10:48:21 AgentRyan
Now you would want to wait until you have a red triangle with an exclamation mark in the middle of it on your screen. When you see it can you hold in the volume up key, while holding it in can you press and release the power button please?
10:48:46 AgentRyan
Can you now use the volume button to scroll down and highlight "wipe cache partition" please, and select it with the power button? After the cache wipe is complete, the option for "reboot system now" will be highlighted automatically, can you select it with the power button as well please?
10:50:09 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
done phone rebooting
10:50:36 AgentRyan
Okay, can you attempt to use Google please?
10:52:18 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
nothing happen stil cant use google now still says off the tab wont move to on
10:53:31 AgentRyan
Okay, can you go into Settings>Apps>All please?
10:53:59 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
done
10:54:03 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
now?
10:54:26 AgentRyan
Can you scroll down and select Google Services & Frameworks please, then select clear data?
10:55:06 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
done
10:55:16 AgentRyan
Can you restart the phone when finished please?
10:55:39 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
restarting....
10:56:15 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
done
10:56:28 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
pop up came
10:56:45 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
asking for location consent
10:56:53 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
agree or disagree
10:56:58 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
??
10:57:16 AgentRyan
You would agree please.
10:58:16 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
another pop up , sasy in another version you turn off ..... wanna turn it on?? i clicked yes
10:58:41 AgentRyan
Okay , you would want it to be enabled.
10:59:09 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
now im trying to use google now?
10:59:21 AgentRyan
Yes, that would be correct.
10:59:33 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
sorry english its not my native language
11:01:22 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
still not able to set it up tab just wont move to on
11:02:52 AgentRyan
Okay, I do apologize about that, what we can do next is called a Google Checkin, this will update your phone with the Google servers to make sure everything is working properly.
11:03:17 AgentRyan
Can you open your phone dialer please?
11:03:31 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
done
11:04:03 AgentRyan
Can you now input *#*#2432546#*#* please?
11:05:47 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
notificacion cheking succede

11:06:46 AgentRyan
Okay great, this will take up to 24 hours to update the Google Servers, of Google Now is still not working by this time tomorrow we can look further into that for you.
11:07:11 CustomerIVAN GUTIERREZ
?? Really?

Thanks
I did everything,but there was no pop up asking for location consent
I also did the Google Checkin
I'll wait ,and see what happens
Thanks again

ivanhtcm7

May 21, 2014
Visit site
How about enter into googe setting from pc an try to play around option in there. I erased al my previous cellphones and stuff

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Chou An

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
How about enter into googe setting from pc an try to play around option in there. I erased al my previous cellphones and stuff

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Tried that one too,no change unfortunately
I hope the new update will solve the issue

ol chap

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
If you want Google voice to work from any screen you can root install xposed framework and then search and install a module called "ok Google for 3rd party" does what it says with very little bugs

Noticed bugs
After giving an app the ability to use "okay Google" and rebooting the device may reboot randomly for the next 30 minutes. I have never seen it do it after 30 minutes.

On the LG g2 the lock may work sometimes and others there will be no lock

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star