Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Htc Blinkfeed eating up battery!

Ever since I updated to sense 6, htc Blinkfeed is eating up my battery like crazy. I took Blinkfeed completely off the home screen. But nowhere in all applications is Blinkfeed to disable it at all. Any advice? Thanks.. How's your battery use.. OK sorry. So I found where to disable it.. Restarted phone and refreshed.. Blinkfeed still shows up using 19%of battery life. Anybody else?

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Htc Blinkfeed eating up battery!-1402054688573.jpg  

Default Re: Htc Blinkfeed eating up battery!

Not too long after I got Sense 6 there was an update for Blinkfeed in the Google Play Store. Did you install that update?

Also, it might be worth configuring Blinkfeed to have no data sources (particularly not social media) before disabling it in case it's still pulling things even when turned off.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Dogs OfWar View Post
    Not too long after I got Sense 6 there was an update for Blinkfeed in the Google Play Store. Did you install that update?

Also, it might be worth configuring Blinkfeed to have no data sources (particularly not social media) before disabling it in case it's still pulling things even when turned off.
    I just did the update today also. Will check back in a few to see how it does.. Also good idea on shutting the data off. I'm going to try that also.

I started seeing this as well yesterday. I disabled Blinkfeed, and the phone was taken back to stock, removing all of my customization to homescreens and app drawer. I am a bit irritated.

I updated BlinkFeed from the Play Store as advised, turned off all feeds, took back off of homescreen and it is still pulling data.

What is Blinkfeed's auto refresh set to? For an example see here:
    HTC BlinkFeed Tips and Tricks - HTC Blog

My thinking is that if set to wifi only it would be less of a drain if it is still pulling data.

Though to be fair I use it all the time and have lots of data sources and have no measurable battery drain from it. It might be time for a factory reset.
    dalebert54 likes this.

OK, after looking in the M8 section, I seem to have found part of the issue. Apparently BlinkFeed is now the name of the launcher (or at least how it is now being referred to in the power usage section), explaining the larger proportion of battery drain vs other apps.
    Why is Blink feed still using Most*battery after turned off?

This still does not explain the INCREASE in battery drain, as I am still loosing almost twice the battery as last week before the problem arose. Factory reset will be the next option.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by dalebert54 View Post
    I updated BlinkFeed from the Play Store as advised, turned off all feeds, took back off of homescreen and it is still pulling data.
    I know same here! Sucks

Flashoholic!!

Blinkfeed is the launcher, Im not sure why yours is high and thats only the percentage of the battery used. Heres a SS of my M7 and M8 and they aren't to bad

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts

oh my gosh it also erased all my stuff too! ughh...

Here is a screenshot of my usage. Not sure why my messages would be that high though. Anybody got an idea?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Htc Blinkfeed eating up battery!-screenshot_2014-06-12-11-33-32.jpg