Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Plantronics VOYAGER EDGE + HTC one M7

Hi does anyone experience with Plantronics VOYAGER EDGE? i'm thinking about buying Edge or legend, local price at best buy is edge USD$129.99 and legend USD$69.99 so big difference, anyone can tell me which should i go? i need for my work i talk about 2 ~ 3 hours a day, need good battery life, stable, etc...

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

Default Re: Plantronics VOYAGER EDGE + HTC one M7

I am also always on the phone for work. Last month my original Voyager died after years of use. I went with the Legend along with the charging case as the replacement. If I remember correctly, retail price for the Legend w/ the case comes out to be the same price as the Edge.

I went with the Legend because I like the comfort, the longer battery life as well as the magnetic connector for the charging cable and dock.

Just returned 4 Plantronics Voyager Legends and just got Voyager Edge due to depleted battery and inability to use the special Voice features on the Voyager. Come to find out it is DEFINITELY in the HTC One (M7) from a recent update. My Voyager was working fine for the last 12 months and only after one of their updates did my battery in my bluetooth start to deplete quickly (only 1hr of talk time and 5 hours of standby). Also my voice functions would not work properly. Spent hours on phone with Plantronics, then Sprint and then HTC. When I tried the Edge with an Apple IPhone, everything worked GREAT, as it was supposed to. HTC did something with their last update.

So far I am VERY HAPPY with the Voyager EDGE. The quality if GREAT. It is much smaller than the Voyager Legend that I have been using for the last 18 months and otherwise had no reason to switch other than they say the EDGE acts better in the Wind and the quality is slightly better. Most of all, it is 1/2 the size. Your biggest problem will be that it is easy to lose it.

The Voyager Edge has slightly better voice quality and is 1/2 the size of the Voyager Legend. The downside is that it has slightly less talk time. If you can get by with 6hrs of talktime, then no problem. Otherwise, you can charge in the case without having a plug as it can recharge the unit without a plug. Since I am in real estate and talking with clients while in my car often, quality if MOST IMPORTANT. The size of the EDGE is much higher tech and the VOYAGER would often times interfere with my glasses that needed to fit behind my ear just like the Voyager. If money is tight though, the Voyager Legend is great value. My Sprint store gave me 20% off the $130.