Hi all, maybe someone can help me or point to a thread where this has been asked -- I couldn't find one, though I'd be surprised if I'm alone.

I recently had a warranty replacement on my HTC One, and after using the HTC transfer app to move my data over, contacts with a long history of text messages are now super slow when I try to send or receive messages, or even look at them. I don't want to simply delete the text history -- ideally I'd like to 'archive' them in such a way that I can open them on demand rather than having them open each time I try to send a text message to them.

Summary: Want to clear old messages from the Android messaging app so that it will run faster, but don't want to completely lose the message history.

Thanks!
    06-17-2014 03:28 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! It's almost certainly sluggish because of the accumulation of saved messages. How about backing them up using an app like SMS Backup & Restore, then deleting them from the phone?
    06-17-2014 07:15 PM
    Helium/Carbon makes a tiny backup file... Then you can delete from messaging app

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    06-19-2014 10:43 PM