07-07-2014 07:32 PM
- Hello android central! I have had my htc one since last august and i just cant figure out how to receive notifications on the htc one when i get a message,likes,etc on facebook. Is it possible or the stock app that the One comes with isnt capable of pushing notifications? I have to go in an refresh each time to see if i received anything but when im not in the app it doesnt notify me on anything.
Thank you in advance.06-20-2014 07:59 PM
- Push email on the Yahoo app is great. You don't need Sync on, and you can add other emails. What it messes up for me is not often including the original when replying or forwarding, which sucks.
I am on a Samsung and don't do FB. People I know prefer using the browser for FaceBook, said before, but I am surprised how bad the app notifications are. Almost as if FB are trying to switch people to Apple!06-22-2014 06:02 PM
- I'm not sure what's going on for you guys, but i always get notifications. There are a lot of options in settings in the FB app. Are we talking about the Play Store app? I've had to turn off most of my notifications because they drive me crazy 😜
Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 306-22-2014 06:26 PM
- I have to agree with msndrstood I seem to get all of the notifications. What it may be is your refresh/sync rate. Perhaps it isn't set frequently enough for your tastes. I'm not sure where but it should be in the settings somewhere, perhaps even in the phone settings how often it syncs. Many, as may be the case with msndrstood, feel that they get too many notifications and dial them back by extending the time. It also save a bit on battery not always reaching out for an update, probably not a lot but some battery savings.06-23-2014 09:29 AM
- I'm not sure what's going on for you guys, but i always get notifications. There are a lot of options in settings in the FB app. Are we talking about the Play Store app? I've had to turn off most of my notifications because they drive me crazy ������
Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3I have to agree with msndrstood I seem to get all of the notifications. What it may be is your refresh/sync rate. Perhaps it isn't set frequently enough for your tastes. I'm not sure where but it should be in the settings somewhere, perhaps even in the phone settings how often it syncs. Many, as may be the case with msndrstood, feel that they get too many notifications and dial them back by extending the time. It also save a bit on battery not always reaching out for an update, probably not a lot but some battery savings.
EDIT: Also on the iphone fb app it says to install messenger to receive notifications sooooo does that apply to android as well,we need messenger??06-23-2014 07:04 PM
- There is sync the app and/or sync the contacts, so one does not equal the other. In the app there is a setting for how frequently it refreshes which I assume would also equate to how often it would send notifications for occurrences.
Posted via Android Central App06-23-2014 09:00 PMLike 2
- 06-23-2014 10:23 PM
Also do you ladies and gents use a virus scanner app on your android devices when using apps like facebook yahoo mail or skype? Those are the only ones ill have installed but just worried about catching the flu on my htc one.06-24-2014 07:07 PM
- 06-25-2014 10:02 AM
- Just like with email when the app is opened it syncs/refreshes as though it were forced. I would assume that with the app open it is not going to send you a notification. If you go to the Sync screen and force a sync of all linked apps then yes I would say that it will then give you notifications for anything not actively open.
Android is a sandboxed OS, which means that your apps and the OS are all run from their own little block lets say. They don't directly communicate and therefore viruses and malware are very difficult to install and run. Difficult but probably not impossible so the likely hood of you getting one or the other is very low making scanners and anti-ware apps unnecessary. They will eat up more of your battery and memory resources than they are worth. If you do a Google of sandboxed OSs you'll get a better description of what is really going on, and if you Google android viruses you'll see a handful of people saying they've gotten one while using android and a bunch of arguments against scanners and anti-ware. More than likely if you are experiencing virus like symptoms it's an app with too many permissions, or one that is sending you push notifications. Removing the bad app usually ends the problem. The best guard against such apps is being aware of what you allow on your device and spending a little time researching the app. My rule of thumb is not to install anything with less then 3.5 stars. If it's something I'm really interested in or really want and it comes in around that or lower I'll read the comments. The bad ones, and the reason for that is good reviews can be faked, no one will fake a bad review, well no one trying to sell you on an app anyway. Reading the bad reviews will tell you things like "...This app won't work on device x" which the dev probably already noted in their description of the app but people were too lazy to read. It will also alert you to unwanted push notifications and other unwanted activity. People are people and they will post about things they like but most often post about things they don't like and a quick scan of the reviews will reveal that to you in the low scoring comments. Using official apps will also cut down on these problems. Like FB and Yahoo apps that are from the service its self are likely going to be safe. Apps from other devs that patch into these services can be shady and may try to steal information or access items you would rather not have out there.07-07-2014 07:32 PM
- By nono100013 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-19-2014, 02:12 PM
- By Pink in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 06-21-2014, 10:40 PM
- By Closingracer in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 6Last Post: 06-20-2014, 10:56 PM
- By Unregistered in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-20-2014, 06:07 PM
- By email@example.com in forum Droid RAZR MAXXReplies: 0Last Post: 06-20-2014, 05:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD