Is there away of getting Google play music when at lock screen as a widget?

garethrdwilliams

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Getting Google play music when at lock screen as a widget? Whenever I slide the screen to the left when locked I get the music app but no music as I stream all mine through a collection I made up via the play store

Posted via Android Central App on HTC One

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Is there away of

What I can tell on my Nexus 5 is that there is no Google Play Music lockscreen widget that you can place manually--however, if Google Play Music is active and playing something, there should be a lockscreen control that appears automatically. So as long as it was actively playing music, you'll have a lockscreen control, but you can't initiate it from the lockscreen if it isn't actively playing. Again, this is on the Nexus 5--I don't know how different the One is.

You could try WidgetLocker.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Is there away of

If what B is saying is correct you should also be able to start the app, pause the music and still have the control as long as you don't close the app. I don't stream, however when I use the music app it appears on my lock screen as long as it's paused and not closed. You may have to pause it from the screen but I know the controls are there and I can pause, resume, and skip from the lock screen with the music app.