HTC One (M7) Major Battery Issue

EthanPurdy

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I am having some pretty significant battery issues with my HTC One. Even when plugged into a wall outlet to phone either charges incredibly slow (1% per hour or worse) or simply not at all. This does not always happen, it seems to be about 50% of the time. The phone is securely connected via the charger and completely plugged into the wall. I'm not sure what's going on whether it's a software or hardware issue. Or if it's a problem with the charger itself. I'm using the charger that came with the phone. The phone is running Android 4.4.2 unrooted. Is this a problem with the 4.4.2 update?

This issue has been going on now for a month, maybe two. It seems to becoming more frequent as well which leads me to believe it could be a hardware problem.

Thanks for your help!

EthanPurdy

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Update:

I wiped the cache partition following these instructions: Reset: HTC One (LTE) | T-Mobile Support

The problem, at least for this charge, seems to be gone. Can anyone comment on if they think the solution is temporary or permanent? My 1 year warranty ends in the next two weeks so if the issue is likely to return I might try and get a replacement device.

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I would try other charger and usb cable to discard the ones that came with your phone. If the issue persists, then I would do a factory reset. If the cable and charger are good after trying others and the factory reset didn't solve it, get a replacement.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
My battery was pretty mediocre. I would get on average 12 hours a day and 4 hours screen time. I ended up doing a hard reset and then a battery calibration using power / volume button cycle and I can't belive how much better my battery is. I am averaging 17 hours a day now and can get 7 hours screen on time in a 13 hour day. The biggest difference now is before the battery would drain slowly from 100 % to about 60% but then really accelerate after that and drain quickly. Now it is a pretty even distribution all the way through the cycle.

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• 15109.jpg
    15109.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 27

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084