Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Backing up everything

I start HTC Backup but it always says "backup in progress". Does it do anything? I don't see any traffic in or out.

I just wanna make sure everything is backed out so that when I get my phone back from repair or a new one, I want to be able to load it back.

I assume the phone numbers wouldn't be lost because they are stored in my gmail account, right? But what about messages?

Thanks.

Default Re: Backing up everything

yes, it should but there are other apps that do a complete job. carbonite is one, i think. i have used htc backup, a separate pic app to back those up to my laptop, and a another app for texts.

Global Posts
    4,619 Global Posts
    ROM
    I'M RUNNING STOCK BABY!

Quote Originally Posted by lachdanan View Post
    I start HTC Backup but it always says "backup in progress". Does it do anything? I don't see any traffic in or out.

I just wanna make sure everything is backed out so that when I get my phone back from repair or a new one, I want to be able to load it back.

I assume the phone numbers wouldn't be lost because they are stored in my gmail account, right? But what about messages?

Thanks.
    Hello.

If you go have contact syncing enabled for your Gmail account , then yes, they should be on you Gmail account.

You should also upload any important files to a cloud storage service like Google Drive. This could be a lifesaver.

Otherwise, is there anything specific you want to backup?

Sent from my One Xl using AC Forums mobile app

"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks guys, nothing specific other than my messages, phone numbers, whats app, viber etc. I had to save them separately so I hope it works. But not sure how to load my messages, etc. It would be nice if there was a one click backup and restore.