Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Don164's Avatar

    Posts
    148 Posts
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts

    Default How To Unblock HTC One M7

    Hi All

    I bought a HTC One (M7) off eBay over a year ago and it was working perfectly fine up until a few months ago were I found out that the person I had bought it from had got the phone carrier blocked.i was aware of this risk although I assumed if this was to happen, it would happen a few weeks into purchasing the phone rather than a month later.
    So I was wondering, can I get the phone unblocked ?! I am a UK resident and its locked to the EE network. I am also rooted as well . Thank You.
    I understand any risks and I wouldn't bother with this but I paid a lot kf money for the phone and I would like it back.

    Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app
  2. #2  
    UJ95x's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    10,178 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,444 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

    Default Re: How To Unblock HTC One M7

    Were you told why the phone was locked?
    If they reported it lost or stolen, even if they had sold it to you, you are probably out of luck since carriers use an international data base for blacklisted IMEIs.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Don164's Avatar

    Posts
    148 Posts
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts

    Default Re: How To Unblock HTC One M7

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Were you told why the phone was locked?
    If they reported it lost or stolen, even if they had sold it to you, you are probably out of luck since carriers use an international data base for blacklisted IMEIs.
    I've tried numerous times to contact the person but to no avail and the network wont disclose any details of the person.
    I read somewhere that its possible to hide or change the IMEI number . Don't know if it'll work though

    Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app
  4. #4  

    Default How To Unblock HTC One M7

    Quote Originally Posted by Don164 View Post
    Hi All

    I bought a HTC One (M7) off eBay over a year ago and it was working perfectly fine up until a few months ago were I found out that the person I had bought it from had got the phone carrier blocked.i was aware of this risk although I assumed if this was to happen, it would happen a few weeks into purchasing the phone rather than a month later.
    So I was wondering, can I get the phone unblocked ?! I am a UK resident and its locked to the EE network. I am also rooted as well . Thank You.
    I understand any risks and I wouldn't bother with this but I paid a lot kf money for the phone and I would like it back.

    Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app
    You bought the phone over a year ago but the person blocked it a month after purchasing it but it was working up until a few months ago?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. #5  
    UJ95x's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    10,178 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,444 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

    Default Re: How To Unblock HTC One M7

    Quote Originally Posted by Don164 View Post
    I've tried numerous times to contact the person but to no avail and the network wont disclose any details of the person.
    I read somewhere that its possible to hide or change the IMEI number . Don't know if it'll work though

    Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app
    Not legally there isn't.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    Don164's Avatar

    Posts
    148 Posts
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts

    Default Re: How To Unblock HTC One M7

    Quote Originally Posted by cnotes2019 View Post
    You bought the phone over a year ago but the person blocked it a month after purchasing it but it was working up until a few months ago?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The phone was working for roughly a year since I bought it but It stopped working a while ago,

    Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-22-2016, 07:42 AM
  2. Shortcut to apps page
    By marios1441 in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-11-2014, 03:39 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-10-2014, 11:11 PM
  4. Connecting to WiFi
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-10-2014, 07:22 PM
  5. My mogot g can't connect to ATT-Uverse
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-10-2014, 07:22 PM

Posting Permissions