Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    511 Global Posts

Default which One accepts foreign SIMs?

Hi all, I am looking for an HTC one or one mini that can accept foreign Sim cards. I currently have the Verizon one but I'd like another dedicated to international use. I don't know if I'll buy the Sim in the US or abroad, I guess wherever is cheaper. Which type of One can accept foreign Sims?

Global Posts
    936 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ViperOne M8

Default Re: which One accepts foreign SIMs?

What do you mean which type of One? It's either carrier locked or unlocked, and it should say so on the website you're buying from. The unlocked one is called the international version, and I believe its code is M7 UL (not 100% sure).
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    511 Global Posts

I need carrier unlocked ones. If I buy them used, is there any down side to buying something the user unlocked himself versus something that was unlocked out if the factory? I remember reading something that said certain wireless types can only download data so fast on foreign network or something along those lines.

Global Posts
    936 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ViperOne M8

I have not heard about that, to be honest, and I'd assume there would be no difference between a factory and a user unlocked device, especially when referring to the most popular example, the iPhone.

Global Posts
    4,693 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Kitkat

Quote Originally Posted by agp423 View Post
    I need carrier unlocked ones. If I buy them used, is there any down side to buying something the user unlocked himself versus something that was unlocked out if the factory? I remember reading something that said certain wireless types can only download data so fast on foreign network or something along those lines.
    There is no downside assuming the phone was unlocked by a carrier. I think you might be referring to the radio bands for the phone. This will determine what connection type you will get (3G, 4G, etc.). It will all depend on your location and what the carrier uses to allow data connections.

Sent from my One Xl using AC Forums mobile app