Incoming Text Message Temporarily freezes/shutters/lags Phone
Im on an HTC ONE with Sprint and I am getting pretty annoyed with incoming text messages freezing up my phone and taking me out of the app I'm currently in.
If I am typing an email in the Yahoo Mail app and I receive an incoming text message, the phone shutters/freezes and takes me out of the Yahoo Mail app and to a home app screen. And of course the email doesn't same to a draft for some reason. Incoming text messages pauses pretty much anything Im doing the phone: Skyping, Google Hangout, Big Fish Casino, sending a different text message, etc.
Is this happening to anyone else? Its really starting to upset me.
- 08-03-2014, 08:42 AM #2
- 08-03-2014, 09:29 PM #3
- 1,768 Posts
Re: Incoming Text Message Temporarily freezes/shutters/lags Phone
It sounds like you're running low on resources or your resources are being hogged by something. I would begin with some of the more obvious items like clearing caches (i.e. Facebook, email, sms, to name the big 3), reducing the load on your SMS (i.e. deleting/saving/backing up SMS and MMS messages so that they can be removed from the device), and stop using Hangouts for SMS. Find a nice 3rd party SMS app and live happily ever after. Looking at it now that could be your whole issue. Hangouts and the Stock app are buggy and glitchy anyway. I'm just saying...
Try the other stuff first and the consider changing from hangouts.
- By Manojkumar Choudhary in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-08-2014, 01:44 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-08-2014, 01:43 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-01-2014, 02:21 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-01-2014, 12:54 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-01-2014, 11:36 AM