Htc one sprint connection with pc problem - urgent

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
hi i am using a htc one m7 SPRINT version on a custom rom .i cannot connect the phone to my computer. i tried the htc sync manager but NO LUCK. basically when i connect the charger it says the "usb host cable is plugged in device cannot charge" except when i reboot it with the charger connected and then the device starts charging , but as i remove the charger while the device is ON the problem comes back. i wanted to install a new rom but cannot use it in FASTBOOT USB mode to install twrp. even when i am connected to my pc it will only charge and not be recognized for file transfer. THANKS IN ADVANCE

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
first of all thanks for responding. the device was running perfectly till last night. today i was going to flash a new rom and i formatted the internal storage ,from then i cannot connect my phone to my computer. i made a nandroid backup and transferred it through airdroid but i can't see any use for that also. i am basically stuck. i have an older version of cwm installed and i can't see how i can install a newer version or flash a new rom for that matter with this problem. i don't see this as a hardware problem because i've been using the same for well over a year.this just keeps on getting frustrating.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Did you format the internal user storage, or all internal storage? If you format all internal storage you have a piece of electronic hardware, not a phone. I don't know HTC, but there's probably some program that can force-connect to the phone (or it may need some trick to make it boot into a connectable mode, like Samsung does with a dongle) to flash the stock ROM back. (There is something for all manufacturers' phones I've worked on, and probably also for the ones I've never worked on.)

The worst case is that you'll have to bring the phone to an HTC service center to have a ROM flashed.

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
thanks for the answer, yes i chose format the SD CARD option from cwm. but the interesting fact is my phone is still running normally and i can transfer files using other apps like airdroid. Also another problem is i'm currrently living in india and this phone is a usa sprint version . Another thing i read on other forums was it could help if i do a factory reset ?will it delete the current rom. The device absolutely shows nothing when i connect it to my pc. (debugging is ON ) Also will htc accept a tampered device and even if they do this is a sprint version. We don't have sprint here in India. And is there any other way to flash latest twrp to my phone i can then airdroid the rom and flash it. i have a feeling that may work.