HTC One phone turns on randomly.

Krazy Crayon

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello! I just got this phone today and am already having issues. Whenever I get a notification,alert, or just anything the phone turns itself on and doesn't turn on, any fix for this?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
The phone turns its self on and doesn't turn on???? Turns off and doesn't turn on or turns on and doesn't turn off? The sound won't stop, the vibration, the screen? Please ask your question again with more details and more clearly. We will be happy to help.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
It's stuck in a bootloop when it's plugin? A bootloop is where the phone seems to cycle power over and over, sometimes never reaching your homepage. Often you will see the splash screens and then a restart happens. Is this what you're describing?

OR

Are you saying from a powered down state the phone will turn on when it's plugged in if you've disabled the lock screen?

OR

Are you saying that with the lock screen disabled when you plug in the phone you are presented with your homepage and the display stays lit until you put the phone to sleep?

If it's the latter check your settings for always awake when charging or connected or plugged in. It's usually under security or connections. I don't think I've ever seen it under display, I just remember it's in an unusual heading for what it is.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
So any luck with your issue, or can you give a better description of the problem? It's all pretty vague. Is it turning ON from OFF or is the screen waking up and not going back to sleep.

In another thread I was just in, it sounds like the new phones are still shipping with JellyBean. With JB if you set an alarm, turned the phone off before the alarm, when the alarm time came the phone would turn its self on. It doesn't do this with notifications or alerts only the alarm. Only in the stock clock app, and only until you update to KitKat. They did away with this in KitKat, and I was a little sad to see it go. Maybe your other problem will go away if this isn't it when you upgrade to KK. Setting>Software update>Check new

Krazy Crayon

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Hey sorry for the late reply, I forgot I ever did post this for help, I mean that whenever I plug in to charge the phone (without the lock screen enabled) The phone turns on, and stays on until I manually shut it off.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
It's the only thing I know of that will keep the phone awake while charging. Third option, "stay awake while charging".

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Not sure why it would do the always on unless it's an option with one if the updates? It's easy to turn them on. Tap your version number or revision number under about phone until you get a message saying you are now a developer.