VZW 4.4.3 update obs/issues thread

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Well so far I've noticed slower charging, it'll go from 100% to 77% if I use it while is plugged in, and the battery drains instead of charging while plugged in if I use it at any other percentage. EPS seems kinda worthless to me. Maybe one haven't used it long enough?

Posted via Android Central App

specialsk

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Well so far I've noticed slower charging, it'll go from 100% to 77% if I use it while is plugged in, and the battery drains instead of charging while plugged in if I use it at any other percentage. EPS seems kinda worthless to me. Maybe one haven't used it long enough?

You're referring to the Verizon OTA update, or different carrier?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site

What are you using it for during the charging?
Are you using the original HTC cable that came with the phone, and charging from a wall outlet?

I'd understand your battery dropping during charging if you're doing something taxing with it during that time (watching a movie, playing a game, taking pictures, etc). Using a device for more then light functions for more than a few minutes is generally considered a bad practice.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
What are you using it for during the charging?
Are you using the original HTC cable that came with the phone, and charging from a wall outlet?

I'd understand your battery dropping during charging if you're doing something taxing with it during that time (watching a movie, playing a game, taking pictures, etc). Using a device for more then light functions for more than a few minutes is generally considered a bad practice.

Some times I'm just checking Facebook or something but it never dropped during charging before is the reason I mentioned it. I do try not to use it at all during charging but sometimes I find myself low on battery and have no choice if I need to charge and go. The first night after the update it seemed to stop at 77%. I restarted and it went to 100% pretty quickly. Then I looked at and posted to Facebook and it dropped to 77% again. I only had about a half hour before I had to leave and it got back up to 92%. I'm not really sure if it's a charge thing or indicator thing. I use the built in battery display. Since then I've noticed the drop while charging so I've been being extra cautious about using it while charging.

specialsk

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Some times I'm just checking Facebook or something but it never dropped during charging before is the reason I mentioned it. I do try not to use it at all during charging but sometimes I find myself low on battery and have no choice if I need to charge and go. The first night after the update it seemed to stop at 77%. I restarted and it went to 100% pretty quickly. Then I looked at and posted to Facebook and it dropped to 77% again. I only had about a half hour before I had to leave and it got back up to 92%. I'm not really sure if it's a charge thing or indicator thing. I use the built in battery display. Since then I've noticed the drop while charging so I've been being extra cautious about using it while charging.

So is this issue specific to EPS being turned on? If you turn it off do you see the same thing? (assuming you can toggle EPS)

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
So is this issue specific to EPS being turned on? If you turn it off do you see the same thing? (assuming you can toggle EPS)

So last night I was pretty low on battery when I got home. I had to leave for a meeting so I plugged in at about 27%. When I left I was at close to 40%. I made it through 3 hours and got home on 19%. I looked at some messages, maybe went to Facebook for a minute and started to reply to a Snapchat. In the middle of the snap the phone died. I plugged in and the little battery charge display popped up and stayed at 0% for almost an hour. I attempted to unplug and plug back in and it finally popped up to 3%. I powered on and tried to respond to some messages while charging, but just with the screen on the battery level dropped and the phone powered off again. Again it stayed at 0% for quite some time. I plugged and unplugged until it seemed to be charging. Then left it alone for the rest of the night. When I woke up this morning I was at 60%. I finished my snap response listened to the news until I left. I plugged in all the way to work and unplugged at 72%. I'm not saying that this is an update issue per-say but it started the day I did the update. However, given that I was able to gain roughly 12% in a half hour while driving and only got up to 60% in 7 hours I'm beginning to think it's a cable issue. I get all the indicators it is charging but none of the charge. If I can gain so much in the car which is a lower mA supply then the AC, I'm sure, then I have other problems. I am using OEM cables in the house and the car, but I think the one in the house is having issues. Tonight I'll try taking my car cable in the house and see if my results change, or if the device just responds better to lower mAs?

Update: It must be my cable cause I just used a charger here at work and it went to 100% no problem.

Last edited:

specialsk

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
The update is available for me but I don't have WiFi where I am so will need to wait till I get home as I'm not burning 673mb of my data!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2