Are there any good apps for a text/call blacklist?

speedfreek64

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Looking for a text/call blacklist app

Anyone have a suggestion for a text and call blocking app that works with the M7? I've used Mr Number on a past phone which worked perfect and I was going to reload to my M7, but I see in the description that it can no longer block sms. Thought I'd get opinions from those who have tried different apps to see what works. Thanks!

TWC42

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: Looking for a text/call blacklist app

If I get an unwanted call (telemarketer), I add that number to a contact I've named "Telemarketers", and that contact is blocked. All numbers for that contact can't call. Haven't tested it for blocking texts, but it should work. When you select "Block Contact", a message pops up that "you will no longer receive calls, texts, messages from this contact".
Why use a separate app to do the same thing?

speedfreek64

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: Looking for a text/call blacklist app

Thanks for the reply! I didn't realize that option was there so I tried it. It did block the call but not text. And the call still had the option to leave a voice mail. I'm looking for something that totally shuts down the contact person. Mr Number used to do that by blocking everything & not allowing the option of voice mail. That's what I'm looking for if an app exists.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc