Can I cancel my contract without fees if my phone is defective?

molliebutterworth

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Nightmare htc one and cpw issues.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this kind of question but anyway!!!!

Basically, I got a silver htc one in August and I loved it and everything was fine, then one day it wouldn't charge (had about 20% on it but wouldn't go any higher) so I took it into carphone warehouse where they said they could send it off to be repaired, would take about 14 days so whatever I was getting it fixed for free so I shouldn't really complain but they couldn't fix it after 2 weeks of having it so they sent it back to me, then I was offered a replacement htc one in gold which I was a bit annoyed about but the gold wasn't too bad so I accepted it, it took another 7 days to arrive. I went and picked it up today brought it home and it won't even switch on!!!?? Charged for around 4 hours before going back into the store and complaining. They eventually said they couldn't give me another htc one nor could they give me a newer one, instead offering a Samsung galaxy s4 or a Sony z1 neither of which I want. So the problem is ill either be in a 22 month contract with no phone or with a phone I don't want.

Is there anyway I can go about cancelling a contract with no insane fees or simply getting my htc one to switch on???

Sorry this is so long but I'm desperate.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nightmare htc one and cpw issues.

Welcome to Android Central! Just to be sure--did you try other charging cables? Cables or charging plugs can fail, so if you were using the same cable for the previous and the current phone, and that cable was defective, then perhaps neither phone was charging up adequately.

molliebutterworth

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for the reply!! Unfortunately I have and the staff tried it in store too, I thought the same because they were both charging issues but ive tried almost every socket in my house and three htc wires.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

It seems to me that it's the store's responsibility to give you a phone that works. How far up did you try to escalate the issue? Don't just let the store reps tell you that's all they can do. Ask to speak to the manager. If the manager isn't helpful, ask to speak with the regional manager, or call their support line and ask to speak to supervisors who can help you.

If all of that fails, then your fallback is to contact HTC and ask for a warranty replacement, since the phone should certainly be under warranty.

molliebutterworth

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site

That seems like a good idea!! Most stores seem to do anything to avoid complaints so it would definitely be worth a shot!! Yes it's a 24 month warranty so im way within it! Thank you for your help!

TimmE

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site

What is this car phone warehouse? How can this business continue to operate with such terrible customer service?

Posted via the Android Central App

molliebutterworth

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site

They basically sell phones from all providers but they are absolutely shocking when it comes down to it. I went there for a good deal and I suppose this is how I'm rewarded ?????? the reps in store couldn't be more polite but they can't actually help me so it's pointless, going to go above them and see what I can push for!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463