Is there I can recover things on my phone without having root?

willmon22

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I was wanting to get some text documents off my phone that I accidentally deleted. It was user names and passwords for a few of my various things I have online. The main thing was for a sip to be able to use my google voice account to be able to have a softphone installed to my phone so I can use a voip on my pay as you go phone when it is out of minutes and still has internet. I tried dr fone but it kept not wanting to work. It detected the phone fine it just didn't want to connect to it and scan for deleted things. I believe it is because it has mtp on it and not the usb storage option to mount it as an sd drive. I found coolmuster lab fone but it didn't seem to want to actually show anything on the phone except the connection options. If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately the best success stories I've heard have only been on rooted devices and even then its a 50/50 shot.

willmon22

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
It just makes no since to me. I don't get what the problem is. As I have had older android devices with the same android on it and it easily recovered everything with a sd card in the phone. I am just not a really huge fan of these phones that are completely limited with doing anything with them such as taking out a battery or getting a sd card in it. It just seems like technology is going the wrong way. Instead of things being made for people to have and do what they want with them they are just making things limited more and more. They act as if we are going to somehow make up blueprints for the device and somehow steal their patents for the device and have them for ourselves. It is like this with pretty much every electronic device. Before you know it they are going to make computer like this as they are slowly already doing. Such as all in one pcs and instead of laptops they are tablets. It is just really making me mad and I don't know what I am going to do.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Problem is a physical sdcard and internal flash storage are two different things. SDCARD can be related closely to a physical hard drive which you can retrieve deleted data from with the right software. Not so the case with internal storage memory.

willmon22

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
So I am guessing there isn't anything that people have used to at least get some success when they don't have root then? Is there a way I can temporarily root it so then the warranty isn't effected?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci