Why won't my HTC One M7 boot or charge?

Nate Hollowbread

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
HTC one m7 wont boot or charge, no LED nothing...

Okay so i had 100% charge this morning, on my rooted HTC one M7 with Carbon rom installed.. I downloaded a music album last night and rebooted my phone this morning because the album wasn't in my music player. The phone booted fine so i started playing the music while eating breakfast, went to pick up my phone after and the screen just turned off out of nowhere.
I tried powering it on, nothing. Tried charging it, nothing (not even an LED). Tried shining a bright Light into the light sensor whilst pressing all the button combinations, Left it on charge at work for at least 4 hours and still nothing.
The phone wasn't hot when it turned off, so i don't even think it had overheated or anything, there were no recent software updates, there is literally no reason for this at all?
Anyone had something similar with success? I need new methods, really don't want to give my phone will all my credit card details, and other personal info on to my insurance company without at least wiping it first, anybody?

Amber Waves

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
Re: HTC one m7 wont boot or charge, no LED nothing...

This just happened to me as well today. Same phone...except I had a little warning. Phone complained that it had too many apps loaded to charge and battery drained to nothing and died.

Amber Waves

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
Re: HTC one m7 wont boot or charge, no LED nothing...

This is what I found on the subject and I cannot test to verify until somehow the phone takes a charge

To fix the power problems, follow the steps that match the device symptoms :

Device does not boot to Homescreen or enters debug mode
Press and hold the Power and Volume up keys for a full 10 seconds. The device should boot up.
If this does not work the first time, connect the device to a charger and try again.
Battery shows less than 0% charge level
Plug device into the provided HTC wall charger that came with the device.
Charge the device until the LED indicator glows solid red.
Attempt to power the device on as usual. If it will not power on, press and hold the Power and Volume up keys for 10 seconds while still on the charger.​

Battery is fully charged, but the device does not turn on
Plug device into the provided HTC wall charger that came with the device.
Press and hold the Power, Volume up and Volume down keys for 1 - 2 full minutes. The battery should re-calibrate and the device will then turn on.​